DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 Atti Mode problem

Well, I kind of went down the little rabbit hole and found a way to get very granular with log files from the MA2. Amazing DJI allow for so much data/verbosity (if you want to delve into it). From the site DatCon Introduction, which is loaded with helpful info as well as a way to deconstruct the log files, it seems my ATTI mode is not coming from the drone. Looking closely at the output, there are no ATTI mode flags, no loss of GPS data indicators, nothing to indicate the drone is sending a code that it is in ATTI mode.

Also, on an earlier issue, the Home Point always seems to drift from launch to landing. Interestingly, it is drifting in 3D, as in the high resolution data it seems the drone's GPS coords are sometimes several feet below the landing elevations. In other words, the GPS accuracy issues I think I'm having aren't confined to the XY plane.

Finally, in the DAT files from the drone (stored on the phone under the app directories), there are calculations from wind speed and direction, the same info that airline jets produce (called ACARS) taking into account the speed and heading of the craft over ground vs. the speed and heading of the craft in the air. A lot of info is in there, hopefully one day the DJI apps will allow users to select what flight info they want to display.
Craig

i went out today had the same atti message warning spoken several times when i pressed return to home .
full signal strength as well never seen it before and have had the drone since last June.
i am running all the latest firmware and software.i had GPS lock on 18 satellites at the time .i was in a open space about 200 foot high. i like others only got this when i pressed RTH button.i also noticed the icon next to the signal bars went red and stayed that way until landing .i really do believe its a software bug in the fly app never seen before i updated at all.

Well, I kind of went down the little rabbit hole and found a way to get very granular with log files from the MA2. Amazing DJI allow for so much data/verbosity (if you want to delve into it). From the site DatCon Introduction, which is loaded with helpful info as well as a way to deconstruct the log files, it seems my ATTI mode is not coming from the drone. Looking closely at the output, there are no ATTI mode flags, no loss of GPS data indicators, nothing to indicate the drone is sending a code that it is in ATTI mode.

Also, on an earlier issue, the Home Point always seems to drift from launch to landing. Interestingly, it is drifting in 3D, as in the high resolution data it seems the drone's GPS coords are sometimes several feet below the landing elevations. In other words, the GPS accuracy issues I think I'm having aren't confined to the XY plane.

Finally, in the DAT files from the drone (stored on the phone under the app directories), there are calculations from wind speed and direction, the same info that airline jets produce (called ACARS) taking into account the speed and heading of the craft over ground vs. the speed and heading of the craft in the air. A lot of info is in there, hopefully one day the DJI apps will allow users to select what flight info they want to display.
Craig
Are you saying you were able to get the logs from the AC itself and read them?

The third number in GPS may be the number of sats used. At least that's what the third number is in the video subtitles. It's usually 12 to 15.

Hi Dan,

I apologize for the delay in responding, I didn't see your questions until now.

I got the logs from the ipad/DJI Fly generated logs. And yes, I believe the third number is satellites in view. I too get between 12 and 17.

Craig

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian