DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 Atti Mode problem

Gbower

Reactions
I'm very new to drones and have a Mini and just recently got the Mavic Air 2. I've only had two flights and each one when I hit the RTH button I've gotten the message that it's gone into ATTI mode. Both days have been clear weather and light winds but around the freezing mark for temperature. I know this isn't normal and I've never had it happen on the Mini. I'm now not comfortable flying it as I know this isn't normal. Both flights this happened when I was about 125' high and only about 300' away. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm very new to drones and have a Mini and just recently got the Mavic Air 2. I've only had two flights and each one when I hit the RTH button I've gotten the message that it's gone into ATTI mode. Both days have been clear weather and light winds but around the freezing mark for temperature. I know this isn't normal and I've never had it happen on the Mini. I'm now not comfortable flying it as I know this isn't normal. Both flights this happened when I was about 125' high and only about 300' away. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Check to see if your fully updated on both the batteries and the drone ?

It was reported that app version 1.2.2 is issuing this false notification.
I believe the latest firmware update fixes this. I may be mixing up other reported symptoms though.

It's not possible to be in ATTI and RTH at the same time, as ATTI is the flight mode without any horizontal stability (no GPS or VPS being used) while RTH explicitly requires and uses GPS to find its way home.

So, if it appears to be going home just fine, ignore the ATTI notification, but keep watch just in case ATTI becomes real. You'll know it when the AC starts drifting without stick input.
I'm sure if the fix isn't having latest FLY and firmware, DJI will have a fix soon.

It was reported that app version 1.2.2 is issuing this false notification.
I believe the latest firmware update fixes this. I may be mixing up other reported symptoms though.

It's not possible to be in ATTI and RTH at the same time, as ATTI is the flight mode without any horizontal stability (no GPS or VPS being used) while RTH explicitly requires and uses GPS to find its way home.

So, if it appears to be going home just fine, ignore the ATTI notification, but keep watch just in case ATTI becomes real. You'll know it when the AC starts drifting without stick input.
I'm sure if the fix isn't having latest FLY and firmware, DJI will have a fix soon.
Thanks for the info. Both times it happened was when I hit the RTH button. I got in touch with DJI and I'm refreshing the firmware and updating again the RC so hoping it will work. Might give it a quick try while I've still got some light.

I did the updates through DJI Assistant and just did two short flights. Both times when I hit the RTH button I got the Atti Mode message but both times it turned and headed home and hit the target right on the H the way it had left. I guess that's good and I'll just have to ignore the ATTI message unless someone else knows what may be happening. I'll try a few more flight during the week and just hope the results are as good as these two short flights. As someone told me, "trust the technology"

I did the updates through DJI Assistant and just did two short flights. Both times when I hit the RTH button I got the Atti Mode message but both times it turned and headed home and hit the target right on the H the way it had left. I guess that's good and I'll just have to ignore the ATTI message unless someone else knows what may be happening. I'll try a few more flight during the week and just hope the results are as good as these two short flights. As someone told me, "trust the technology"
This false alarm message is turning up quite a bit lately.
If you want to use RTH it's a simple matter to confirm it's working by monitoring the distance on your screen.
Once the drone is at (or above) your set RTH height, the distance shown should be decreasing if the drone is coming back to you.The simple

This false alarm message is turning up quite a bit lately.
If you want to use RTH it's a simple matter to confirm it's working by monitoring the distance on your screen.
Once the drone is at (or above) your set RTH height, the distance shown should be decreasing if the drone is coming back to you.The simple
Thanks and I hope DJI fix it as it's unnerving but after seeing two short flights come back fine I'll be good with it until they get an update. I hadn't heard of this issue until now but just did a deeper search and did see some others having the problem.

Reactions: elisei
Thanks and I hope DJI fix it as it's unnerving but after seeing two short flights come back fine I'll be good with it until they get an update. I hadn't heard of this issue until now but just did a deeper search and did see some others having the problem.
The confirmation testing you did has been useful in pinning this down as the updated app also includes new encryption that prevents reading the flight data properly to show what is actually going on.

Reactions: Gbower
I went out this morning and after doing an IMU calibration again last night and the compass calibration before flying this morning I had 3 takeoffs and landings with ZERO problems. First one I was sure waiting for the Atti Mode message but nothing. Jumping for joy. So I'm not sure what I had done wrong but was sure relieved that I had no issues today. The other two short flights were also uneventful with no errors. It was -7c and about 10kph winds so not too bad. Looking forward to lots of good flights once I get my confidence up in going further away.

Reactions: Thomas B
I received a message "home point updated" when I hit the RTH there was a few seconds of panic..until I saw the distance declining.

Hi Gbower, I'm kind of new to drone flying as well and today just experienced the issue you mentioned for the first time. I had a good flight, did a 10 minute stationary hyperlapse which I terminated at frame 200 of 300, then ascended in altitude from 150 ft to 300 ft and hit RTH. The MA2 turned toward home (about 800 ft away) and began quickly going in and out of ATTI mode. I had 13 satellites and no indication of a weak GPS signal other than ATTI mode alerts. The drone continued to do an occassional alert all the way through the landing. Like many others have reported, it was an unnerving surprise that I hadn't expected nor prepared for.

Craig

Hi Gbower, I'm kind of new to drone flying as well and today just experienced the issue you mentioned for the first time. I had a good flight, did a 10 minute stationary hyperlapse which I terminated at frame 200 of 300, then ascended in altitude from 150 ft to 300 ft and hit RTH. The MA2 turned toward home (about 800 ft away) and began quickly going in and out of ATTI mode. I had 13 satellites and no indication of a weak GPS signal other than ATTI mode alerts. The drone continued to do an occassional alert all the way through the landing. Like many others have reported, it was an unnerving surprise that I hadn't expected nor prepared for.

Craig
Hi Craig, I've seen on line where this has been occurring a number of times. I redid my updates, calibrated the IMU and Compass again and I've now had three good days of flying without any issues of the ATTI mode kicking in. Starting to get some confidence that it's not going to happen again. Good luck with yours.

Hi Craig, I've seen on line where this has been occurring a number of times. I redid my updates, calibrated the IMU and Compass again and I've now had three good days of flying without any issues of the ATTI mode kicking in. Starting to get some confidence that it's not going to happen again. Good luck with yours.
Thanks, appreciate the reply. I'll post back if it happens again. I think the horror stories you read about a drone flying away or losing control are enough to make anyone lose confidence when you get odd, unexplainable errors.
One other question, my drone will drift from its home point by several feet. I think this is GPS accuracy errors in the single receiver system of the Mavic drones but I can have it parked on the pad and the D value will rise to 7 feet even though the drone is stationary. Have you seen this?

Thanks, appreciate the reply. I'll post back if it happens again. I think the horror stories you read about a drone flying away or losing control are enough to make anyone lose confidence when you get odd, unexplainable errors.
One other question, my drone will drift from its home point by several feet. I think this is GPS accuracy errors in the single receiver system of the Mavic drones but I can have it parked on the pad and the D value will rise to 7 feet even though the drone is stationary. Have you seen this?
Not sure about that but mine sits nice and solid wherever I put it. If I was having that happen I'd definitely be calibrating the IMU again as that seems to be the symptoms when that needs calibrating. From reading and watching so many YouTube videos that's why I did all the calibrations again.

Reactions: DJI_Craig
I have had similar issues with and an added one of the aircraft going above the set RTH altitude but always coming back home when execute.For example, my last flight RTH was set to 40 meters and my MA2 ascended to the max height of 120 meters before returning home. would like to post my log file if someone could take a look at it for me. Also a few other strange things in the log that I think is not normal.

I have had similar issues with and an added one of the aircraft going above the set RTH altitude but always coming back home when execute.For example, my last flight RTH was set to 40 meters and my MA2 ascended to the max height of 120 meters before returning home. would like to post my log file if someone could take a look at it for me. Also a few other strange things in the log that I think is not normal.
How do I find the log? Is it on the SD card with the video/photos?

Also, updated to .0511 firmware this evening. The MA2 LEDs acted strange the first flight after but then I did a power cycle, seems fine now and no more ATTI mode alerts.

How do I find the log? Is it on the SD card with the video/photos?

Also, updated to .0511 firmware this evening. The MA2 LEDs acted strange the first flight after but then I did a power cycle, seems fine now and no more ATTI mode alerts.
watch this, It should answer all your log file questions

Reactions: DJI_Craig
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NIKLM