DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 autonomous tracking in tight space.

Derlisz

Reactions
I have decided to test the active track of mavic air 2 in realistic scenario by letting it follow me on a narrow path leading through a dense vegetation. It is something I was never brave enough to do with my mavic 2 pro but I've had all confidence that ma2 will do well.
I'm not convinced m2 would even be able to track a subject at such a low altitude.
If you want to find out more about Focus Track features of Mavic Air 2 please check my video on the subject also located on my channel.

Yeah, I also trust this drone (unbeknownst to me as to why) more than any previous drone I've owned. Although after losing my last Mavic Air and not being able to recover because it was over water... I'm more cautious when it comes to over water flights. I also see no need for long range flights anymore, rarely flying father than 1500 feet away. I got it for the strong downlink, not the 11km impossible to see range.

Range is useful sometimes. I recently took a trip to the seaside and i wanted to get some shots of a lighthouse that was not accessible by foot. I flew the MA2 from a close-by beach and maintained great 1080p real time video while taking the shots i wanted at about 4km away. Definitely couldn’t have done that with a WiFi drone, especially when going completely behind the lighthouse and having the connection remain rock solid.

Reactions: itsneedtokno
Range is useful sometimes. I recently took a trip to the seaside and i wanted to get some shots of a lighthouse that was not accessible by foot. I flew the MA2 from a close-by beach and maintained great 1080p real time video while taking the shots i wanted at about 4km away. Definitely couldn’t have done that with a WiFi drone, especially when going completely behind the lighthouse and having the connection remain rock solid.
I haven't had the need for any long range flights yet. There is one, actually, but it's from one shore to the other over a large patch of water with dotted islands. It's about 2 miles, with VLOS but it's over a known Seagull nesting area. I was going to do it with my MA1, but after losing that (in the same location) I am having a VERY hard time bringing myself to do so.

Other than that, I get as close as possible.

Hi, I just bought. An MA2 and would love to do the type of thing you’ve posted as a video. Any chance you could give me a brief rundown of how to go about setting the drone to follow. Many thanks.

Hi, I just bought. An MA2 and would love to do the type of thing you’ve posted as a video. Any chance you could give me a brief rundown of how to go about setting the drone to follow. Many thanks.
No problem. I have made a video on how to use all three functions under focus track. It can be found here

The video is very useful, and so is the detailed user manual available to download via a link in the sticky at the top of the Mavic Air 2 Help forum

Reactions: Derlisz
I have decided to test the active track of mavic air 2 in realistic scenario by letting it follow me on a narrow path leading through a dense vegetation. It is something I was never brave enough to do with my mavic 2 pro but I've had all confidence that ma2 will do well.
I'm not convinced m2 would even be able to track a subject at such a low altitude.
If you want to find out more about Focus Track features of Mavic Air 2 please check my video on the subject also located on my channel.

Thank you, excellent video...grateful!

It seems like the forward sensors do a pretty good job of picking up the the tree branches above the drone also. I wonder what the degree of coverage is?

Nice!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RWShepard