DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavic air 2 bad range

fandraka

Reactions
what distance do you achieve with mavik air 2, in dual band mode 10-100m, when you switch it to 2.4GHz the connection breaks down and the only way to restore the connection is to restart the drone (not the remote)

How do you restart the drone while it’s flying up in the air during loss of signal?

Keep in mind the CE model range is quite severely limited compared to the FCC model.

What does your environment look like?

The more 'open' your surroundings, the better your transmission.

I done a range test in a complete open area, and the direction I was flying in was also completely open (no houses along the way etc) with my Mavic Mini and achieved some 1.5 miles (around 8000ft) before turning around to ensure safe return home.
I done another test behind my house, and I didn't manage to get anywhere near the range in my first test. I think I managed 2,500-3,000ft before signal started dropping.

I'll be trying a small range test when my MA2 arrives.

Keep away from houses, metal/aluminium objects, network towers etc.

EDIT: Just out of interest, have you flown any other drones in the same area before? If so, what distance did you achieve with that drone?

Two different places outside the city with a distance of at least 100 km from both, the same results, just loses connection to the drone without reports of a weak signal

i am having the same issue, i can fly my old Mavic Pro 3km and my Mavic Air 2 goes 800m in the same spot and drops.
OcuSync 2.0 = 20m
[emoji3525][emoji3525][emoji3525]
this is my first drone, the technology is advertised for 6 km, at 2.4 it can't reach 6 meters

Interesting responses from the 2 above.

What are your plans moving forward? Wait for a firmware update that will hopefully solve the problem?

Last edited:
at home without taking off, dual band mode at 6 m interrupts, if you switch to 2.4 immediately disconnects the connection, even if you approach the remote to the drone does not reconnect, only restart the drone restores the connection. At 5.8 I don't notice such problems, but the weather is rainy now and I can't test

Hey! Are you guys still having these problems?

I live in Sweden, very much trees and houses in my area, i am flying with dual band and loosing connection around 600 meters. I am flying the Mavic Air 2.

Is this normal?

Hey! Are you guys still having these problems?

I live in Sweden, very much trees and houses in my area, i am flying with dual band and loosing connection around 600 meters. I am flying the Mavic Air 2.

Is this normal?

what is normal? if you don't have an uninterrupted line between rc and your drone, yes 600m is normal. if you have an uninterrupted / unblocked line between you and drone, check if there is rf interference from nearby houses. 5.8G is more difficult to interfere with and it is easier to achieve 1km to 2km. if you fly without any interference at all and is in a direct line, it should not have difficulty to achieve the 4-6km

I have flown 2,6 KM in an open area, no problem at all. Even with Wi-Fi on and my phone connected with bluetooth connected to my samsung smartwatch. I could have gone further, but then I would have flown above roads and houses, that's why I stopped and returned. My Mavic Air 2 has a good connection I guess. I am still looking for a nice open area to test.

You guys are either doing something wrong or you have a faulty drone. I have flown my drone up to 6km range and still had clear signal in the open space. In a small city I can do like up to 2 kilometers.

I'm in the US in a suburban area outside the city but still with some houses around. I can only get about 0.5km from my house. ? Hopefully I can find a better place to fly and soot soon.

Range seems to be (naturally) very much dependent on the conditions. In unblocked environment the range is more than I have needed, several km at least.

The signal seems to pass through wooden constructions and roof tiles quite well, so that I have no problems flying the drone outside our summer house even if I’m inside.

But sturdier buildings, thick forest or natural formations block the signal.

Seems to be similar to basic walkie talkie.

Guys for those that have bad range I suggest you talk to DJI support.. Mine had a faulty signal card. Check prior posts

Reactions: JezzerAir2
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661