Mavic Air 2 Battery charging.

Squidinc

I come from a land “down under”
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
youtu.be
Hi guys,
I’m a new pilot, & have the fly more combo MA2 pack.

Is it ok to leave my three batteries once fully charged in the charging dock between flights, or should I remove them when charged?

Hello!

I would advise undocking them - although they are intelligent batteries and do switch off charging when fully charged, I take them off the dock to make sure I don't run into any problems.

Reactions: Squidinc
Yep, there’s no benefit to leaving them docked, they don’t continuously trickle charge.

Reactions: Squidinc
Hi guys,
I’m a new pilot, & have the fly more combo MA2 pack.

Is it ok to leave my three batteries once fully charged in the charging dock between flights, or should I remove them when charged?
I go one step further, and always have with DJI charging blocks. I charge, remove batteries right after, and, I unplug the block. I have had laptop charging blocks go bad over time, and I think of them as lightbulbs. They have a useful life, and after that... It would be a shame to have an otherwise serviceable system sitting there while having no way to charge its batteries.

It's really not good for your batteries health to leave them constantly in a state of full charge. While they will self discharge to 96% after 1 day, and 60% after 5 days, the less time they spend fully charged, the better.

I go one step further, and always have with DJI charging blocks. I charge, remove batteries right after, and, I unplug the block. I have had laptop charging blocks go bad over time, and I think of them as lightbulbs. They have a useful life, and after that... It would be a shame to have an otherwise serviceable system sitting there while having no way to charge its batteries.
Thanks for the advice
Cheers

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
User711