DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 Battery Issues

AtortPhotography

Reactions
I just got my Mavic Air 2 in the mail yesterday from DJI and unboxed it and proceeded to set up the drone of course which including charging all 3 batteries with the fly more combo. One of the 3 batteries was acting up and not doing as it should it seems. It was not charging up like the other two batteries and I have a Mavic 2 Zoom and acting differently than the 4 batteries I have for that too. I had it charging in the hub first...then took out of the hub and directly plugged the problematic battery into the charger and still did not charge completely it seems after leaving it plugged in overnight. So now when I depress the button on the battery normally when fully charged all the LED's should be solid and none flashing. This battery has the top LED flashing constantly now and never all go solid which is odd and never had happen before. Do you guys know what may be going on? I called DJI and of course they have really lame support and said to send in and they will replace which will take two weeks I bet...meantime I will be without one of my spares so had to spend another $115 and buy yet one more battery from them today. I even asked if they could provide me a small discount code for my inconvenience and they said no. Just WOW DJI how lame.
Charging through the hub literally rendered my batteries useless and this is the errors I got when attempting to fly...which I couldn't.
IMG_4156.PNG

Attachments

• IMG_4157.PNG
    IMG_4157.PNG
    8.2 MB · Views: 36
Last edited:
> I had it charging in the hub first.

Known issue. You have to activate the batteries with the single charger before putting them on the hub.

> I had it charging in the hub first.

Known issue. You have to activate the batteries with the single charger before putting them on the hub.

Thanks that really helps and only wish I saw this yesterday before I received my drone! Ugh why couldn't DJI have said something and put a sticker on their hub. This was my experience from what my batteries were doing.

Unfortunate, but at least you will be able to get the battery replaced because its a known issue, but you didn't do anything wrong, as far as the book goes.

Also a plus at least your only down one battery temporarily.

Unfortunate, but at least you will be able to get the battery replaced because its a known issue, but you didn't do anything wrong, as far as the book goes.

Also a plus at least your only down one battery temporarily.
I think he was saying, DJI said "Tough Luck" and he had to pay for one, he didn't get it replaced under warranty.

DJI probably didn't discover the problem before the FM kits were packaged for shipping.
It's really a strange issue. I get the hub perhaps not waking a battery properly, but I don't get why that would then cause the battery to not work properly directly with the charger. The wake up process should only require a charge voltage to be applied to the battery so that the electronics in the battery has power to reconnect the cells.

Reactions: everBit
As I understand, if your battery can start up the drone but with communication error, you can still recover it by leaving it in the drone with power up for a few minutes.

After that, remove from the aircraft, and leave for a few minutes. It should then be able to charge directly through the charger (not through the hub) for first time.

I just got my Mavic Air 2 in the mail yesterday from DJI and unboxed it and proceeded to set up the drone of course which including charging all 3 batteries with the fly more combo. One of the 3 batteries was acting up and not doing as it should it seems. It was not charging up like the other two batteries and I have a Mavic 2 Zoom and acting differently than the 4 batteries I have for that too. I had it charging in the hub first...then took out of the hub and directly plugged the problematic battery into the charger and still did not charge completely it seems after leaving it plugged in overnight. So now when I depress the button on the battery normally when fully charged all the LED's should be solid and none flashing. This battery has the top LED flashing constantly now and never all go solid which is odd and never had happen before. Do you guys know what may be going on? I called DJI and of course they have really lame support and said to send in and they will replace which will take two weeks I bet...meantime I will be without one of my spares so had to spend another $115 and buy yet one more battery from them today. I even asked if they could provide me a small discount code for my inconvenience and they said no. Just WOW DJI how lame.
Charging through the hub literally rendered my batteries useless and this is the errors I got when attempting to fly...which I couldn't.
View attachment 101358
Just in case you've not seen the resolution to this issue:
Scenario 2:
After the battery wakes up from Sleep mode by using the battery charging hub, the battery can then be turned on, but it cannot be charged, and the indicator on the battery charging hub is solid red. Then, when the battery is inserted into the aircraft and powered on, the app will prompt that there is a battery communication error.

Solution: (This issue is also easy to solve.)

• Mount the battery to the aircraft. Power it on and wait for at least 3 minutes.
  • Then, turn off the battery, remove the battery from the aircraft, and leave it idle for more than 3 minutes.
  • Insert the battery into the battery charger for charging. Then the battery can be charged normally.
  • If the battery level is sufficient when the battery is powered on and inserted into the aircraft, update the battery firmware to the latest version. This can also fix the issue.

Just picked up my MA2 from the dealer. Surprisingly, it comes with ADSB for our region.
Anyway, back to the topic. I discussed with the guys there about the known battery issue and this is what they said “if you have an issue with the battery charging, press the power button 10 times in succession and hold on the 11th and this should work”. He even showed me messages that have gone between them and clients who had an issue and it seems to have sorted out by doing the above procedure.

i hope this info is helpful. Someone please update the rest of us.

cheers !!

Just in case you've not seen the resolution to this issue:
Scenario 2:
After the battery wakes up from Sleep mode by using the battery charging hub, the battery can then be turned on, but it cannot be charged, and the indicator on the battery charging hub is solid red. Then, when the battery is inserted into the aircraft and powered on, the app will prompt that there is a battery communication error.

Solution: (This issue is also easy to solve.)

• Mount the battery to the aircraft. Power it on and wait for at least 3 minutes.
  • Then, turn off the battery, remove the battery from the aircraft, and leave it idle for more than 3 minutes.
  • Insert the battery into the battery charger for charging. Then the battery can be charged normally.
  • If the battery level is sufficient when the battery is powered on and inserted into the aircraft, update the battery firmware to the latest version. This can also fix the issue.
Thanks! DJI actually just released a battery firmware update today too. I made this little video today talking about it as well as some quick sample footage I am working on for an edit with my Mavic Air 2.

Thanks! DJI actually just released a battery firmware update today too. I made this little video today talking about it as well as some quick sample footage I am working on for an edit with my Mavic Air 2.
That's terrific opening footage.... :)

Am
Amazing footage. If only we were allowed to shoot similar locations in our country.

just fired up my Macic Air 2 for the for the first time and took it for a quick spin. Didn’t get any firmware update notifications. But i just got mine yesterday. Maybe its already updated or as you mentioned, this particular battery probably doesn’t have an update. Ill check the other batteries later.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CtrlAltDlt