DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 cinematic video

Trevlam

Reactions
here is a clip I did , I would greatly appreciate any feedback.
little background, I have been flying drones since the DJI Flywheel 450.

Reactions: RkyMtnHigh
I agree, the stuttering effect hurts my brain.

Reactions: Nonprophet
I really appreciate the feedback. My goal was to go with the flow of the beats.
Notes taken.

Reactions: dawgpilot

Love the variety of shots and the music, but as everyone else has stated, I'm not a huge fan of the stuttering. A few stuttering shots here and there are fine but I just think it was too much of a good thing. But overall I loved it!

Too bad a nice video was destroyed by the stroboscope pulsing images. Off after 1:24 seconds. Music sucked too.

Ok so you did not check out the second part of it with the second track.
thank you for the feedback. This is what I came for :)

Great flying! The video was good maybe slightly distracting at times but still very viewable. As for the feedback, as I read this forum’s email almost daily, I find the questions and answers very helpful. However I notice the usual set of characters chiming in on every single post kind on annoying especially when there is such a vast number of members who typically only respond when it’s within their realm of expertise.

Reactions: Trevlam
Ok so you did not check out the second part of it with the second track.
thank you for the feedback. This is what I came for :)
OK- I went back and viewed the 2nd half...actually found it to be better, but I was bothered by the forward/reverse/forward edits of the same scene. Discombobulating to me. The music improved. I did like the seagull stained ship and various views of the tanker.

Great flying! The video was good maybe slightly distracting at times but still very viewable. As for the feedback, as I read this forum’s email almost daily, I find the questions and answers very helpful. However I notice the usual set of characters chiming in on every single post kind on annoying especially when there is such a vast number of members who typically only respond when it’s within their realm of expertise.

I might be one of those people., or one of those set of characters. I think two sets of dynamics occur in this forum- submitters who submit a video for critiques and get them from those willing to have an opinion, and submitters who really do not want a criticism and viewers who don't want to hurt feelings. Since we are from all over the world, I am not worried since there really is no repercussions from offering my honest opinion based on my level of, or lack of expertise.

Reactions: snapdog
Snapdog and Dale D , I am one of those that truly appreciate the feedback good or bad or both.
If you actually took the time to view my video then I should take the time to hear the feedback.
Majority or the replies here all said the same thing so it has to mean something right ?
Now if one said it was crappy that would be another story lol.

And let’s be real here, if someone (like me) has a youtube channel and make videos. Then we best be ready for anything and not get all pissy because someone said my video was bad.

Reactions: snapdog
OK- I went back and viewed the 2nd half...actually found it to be better, but I was bothered by the forward/reverse/forward edits of the same scene. Discombobulating to me. The music improved. I did like the seagull stained ship and various views of the tanker.
Maybe I crammed in took many scenes into one video ? It was 4-6 different places.
maybe I should of just made a video of the ship.
but the creek and the gate areas , nothing else was worth showing so I tried to “mix it up” just like the old water tank. Only so much of it before you get bored.

Maybe I crammed in took many scenes into one video ? It was 4-6 different places.
maybe I should of just made a video of the ship.
but the creek and the gate areas , nothing else was worth showing so I tried to “mix it up” just like the old water tank. Only so much of it before you get bored.

To Trevlan:

I don't think it was too many scenes. Besides the pulsing stroboscopic mention which I did above, I found a lot of duplicate scenes of the ship. The pulsing music and imagery detracted from the viewing experience for me. Also, you can make a "collage" of scenes, totally unrelated, or you could TELL A STORY. I do both kinds, depending on my goal. Here, the story is all about the ship, which you captured wonderfully. As I have said in this forum many times, LESS is MORE. Have them hungry for more by a cut away after a short segment.

We are not all Hollywood directors or writers, but there is such a thing as a story board. (Google this term). This is just a device that film makers use to plan out their shots. My daughter (age 50) , is a professional Hollywood editor (she studied video editing one year at the American Film Institute) and does professional editing for studios. She is close friends with a storyboard artist. Yes, that is his full time job. I have attached an example. You don't have to be one of these artists, but it is good to pre-conceptualize your shots before actually going out to fly. Check out the attachment.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-07-11 at 3.38.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-11 at 3.38.42 PM.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 5
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member