DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 Controller tear down?

Eltox999

Reactions
Anyone know how to get inside the air 2 controller? The only screw I can see sit at the bottom inside the recesses for the sticks when not in use. Pulling those out, plus the rubber inserts doesn’t reveal a thing. I’m wondering if the rubber grips at the top of the controller pop out and give you a way to open it up. My problem is that the Fn button and the still/video buttons on either side of the controller are stuck pushed in somehow...

Thanks!

Anyone know how to get inside the air 2 controller? The only screw I can see sit at the bottom inside the recesses for the sticks when not in use. Pulling those out, plus the rubber inserts doesn’t reveal a thing. I’m wondering if the rubber grips at the top of the controller pop out and give you a way to open it up. My problem is that the Fn button and the still/video buttons on either side of the controller are stuck pushed in somehow...

Thanks!
welcome to the forum i believe there is a video of the MA2 RC being disassembled on the net i think it is when fitting range extender hardware

Reactions: Eltox999
Thanks! Will take a look

This should also give you an idea, although I'd be using spludgers instead of screw drivers to pry open the case.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Welcome to the forum from the deserts of Arizona! Enjoy!

Thanks!

Screwdrivers work well as long as you don’t care what the case seams look like when you’re done!

• Haha
Reactions: new2mavic
...... I'd be using spludgers instead of screw drivers to pry open the case....

This video is apparently made by the maker of the AlienTech antenna. I have seen the footage they made for the M2 controller. Those people are quite rough in handling things. The guy in the video pulled open the cover and broke the neck of the 5D button without realizing it. I broke mine the same way and had to get the button replaced.

1602426706676.png

Last edited:
Reactions: lannes
This video is apparently made by the maker of the AlienTech antenna. I have seen the footage they made for the M2 controller. Those people are quite rough in handling things. The guy in the video pulled open the cover and broke the neck of the 5D button without realizing it. I broke mine the same way and had to get the button replaced.

View attachment 114889

So I guess you need to remove the 5d button first before separating the case halves ?

So I guess you need to remove the 5d button first before separating the case halves ?

Unfortunately the button head is glued to the button so that's not possible. A local dealer of AlienTech has come up with this method :

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Interesting. I would have never thought to do that. The button is a pia to remove, but it is doable.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llMUTTZZll