Mavic Air 2 crash in tracking mode

zeusfl

Mavic Pilot Guru
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
youtube.com
I found this video in YouTube.
The drone was doing a pretty good job until the end.

I personally tested in trails full of trees and it does an amazing job. I don't know how the drone misses that pole. The drone is not perfect.

I thought it would have seen that!

I think it was blending in too much with the sky.

It "sees" things by bouncing IR light off of them.

oops. I seem to be wrong here.

Last edited:
Did I not say that?

You said "It "sees" things by bouncing IR light off of them." in a post about a head on crash. The IR sensor is on the bottom of the drone on. So in the case this thread is about - a head on collision - it would not "see" the object using IR ast as the front sensors (as well as rear, and bottom vision) are not IR. So, if you meant" it sees the ground using a combination of vision cameras and IR that make up the bottom sensors" then I apologize for misunderstanding and I'll rephrase my reply as"yes, it uses bottom IR to hold its position, but in this case that is not at all relevant as it would have "seen" this object using the front cameras that are not IR.

Well at least there was some excitement in that tape. I can't think of anything more boring than watching a tracking video from behind. Don't we get enough of that on the drive to work.
It's a shot that just doesn't seem worth the inevitable. At some point in the future the technology is going to allow the drone to maintain the exact course and altitude but it's not even close now.

The motion can be so awkward in activetrack. In this video it seems to lurch forward then slow down repeatedly instead of maintaining a smooth speed and making small adjustments like a human operator would.

Reactions: Tony McDrone
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Distantdoc