DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 drone keeps disconnecting from remote. Please help!!

lance-a-lot

Reactions
Hi everyone, would appreciate any help or advice.

My Mavic Air 2 drone and remote keep disconnecting. It connects and is perfect for about 45 seconds to a minute and then it will just disconnect from the aircraft. And it just constantly does this.

I have tried deleting and re downloading the DJI fly app, I have tried reconnecting the aircraft to the remote multiple times but the same issue keeps happening. I have tried a different mobile device. I do not think it is the cable because the remote and phone are still responsive all the time.

Please help!!

Reactions: AusTrekie
This is the first time it has happened. I have never crashed the drone. The drone has only had 8 hours flight time. I had just had a great flight with it, with no issues at all. When I got home and turned it on to download the videos I had taken, the issue started.

The mobile device, app & cable have nothing to do with the RC to AC connection ... you can fly the AC with only the RC, so the problem lays elsewhere.

Try to refresh the AC & RC firmware through DJI Assistance 2 on your computer & see if that makes any difference.

Reactions: lance-a-lot
Is it definitely losing connection or just the app shutting down...I had the same problems on Mini 2 using a tablet...I now use Honor phone and problem has gone.

Attachments

• F8EFB70D-7F3D-441A-9D2E-44FFCD80C775.png
    F8EFB70D-7F3D-441A-9D2E-44FFCD80C775.png
    396.3 KB · Views: 24
  • 609BAC0A-FC9A-498F-8E0B-08F7DA110376.png
    609BAC0A-FC9A-498F-8E0B-08F7DA110376.png
    406.8 KB · Views: 21
The mobile device, app & cable have nothing to do with the RC to AC connection ... you can fly the AC with only the RC, so the problem lays elsewhere.

Try to refresh the AC & RC firmware through DJI Assistance 2 on your computer & see if that makes any difference.
Thanks, will give that a go!

Did you ever solve this? I have the exact same problem
I experienced the same problem several months ago when I purchased my Mavic Air 2. After trying several different troubleshooting ideas, I finally determined what was causing my problem - the mobile device that I was using (an iPhone 6S Plus) was too slow to keep up with the demands of the controller and the app. I upgraded my phone to an iPhone 13 Pro Max and I have never had another issue.

Replying to an ancient thread because the post above helped me fix my problem. I bought a crashed Mavic Air 2 and a DJI RC for cheap on ebay and replaced the gimbal arm / cables (camera was fine but was dangling by a wire). Everything seemed to be working except that the gimbal would frequently stop responding and the drone would frequently (~once per two minutes) lose connection to the remote controller regardless of how close I was and start auto-landing. Including one time on my roof. I was on the verge of ordering a new remote or replacing the motherboard (neither of which would have worked) when I saw this.

I turned off battery saver on my phone (Google Pixel 3), deleted some old files / unused apps, and turned on airplane mode. All my connection issues went away.

I then found that the drone refused to fly more than ~30m away from me. Creating an account on DJI Fly (was previously not logged in - but read that this worked in some other thread) fixed that and now the drone's working great.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsplum