DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 EASA class certificate?

ManuCH

Reactions
Hi everyone,
Is it known yet whether the Mavic Air 2 comes with an EASA class certificate? If not, I'm really not too sure whether buying it makes sense, as it will be essentially forbidden to fly it in Europe after Dec 31st 2022.
And even before that, after Jan 1st 2021, it would be very limited (no closer than 50 meters to people etc).
I couldn't find anything on DJI's website. Has anyone seen something to that effect?
Thanks.

Oh my, it sure looks we were typing at the same time. No, it's not clear at all, but the fact it's not explicitly stated in big bold font all over the place, makes me think it probably has no class certificate. It would have been a big selling point. Or maybe they're still in the process of getting their approval, which would be a classic DJI move.

That's the most important question for all pilots in old Europe.
Hope we have an answer soon from Dji.

Last edited:
No, it doesn’t. DJI have said on their Twitter feed. So, the drone will be pretty much useless for commercial work in two years time, and have little resale value. Incredibly short sighted from DJI.

Spoke to a well known UK shop (Heliguy).

Apparently its built to comply but at the moment DJI and CAA have not confirmed that it meets the spec - word to come out over the coming weeks.

Personally believe that if its not marked at point of sale as 'C2' and doesn't have the ADSB/airsense then it will never comply with regs. Guessing that maybe later in the year when DJI have sorted supply issues that the European ones might be kitted with ADSB and received the C2 mark stamped on the battery bay?

Disappointing... had the order page open since 7am but not going to buy one yet - no point splashing out a grand for a drone here in the UK that doesn't meet the new EASA spec. Seems a strange decision by DJI to release in Europe as is.

Spoke to a well known UK shop (Heliguy).

Apparently its built to comply but at the moment DJI and CAA have not confirmed that it meets the spec - word to come out over the coming weeks.

Personally believe that if its not marked at point of sale as 'C2' and doesn't have the ADSB/airsense then it will never comply with regs. Guessing that maybe later in the year when DJI have sorted supply issues that the European ones might be kitted with ADSB and received the C2 mark stamped on the battery bay?

Disappointing... had the order page open since 7am but not going to buy one yet - no point splashing out a grand for a drone here in the UK that doesn't meet the new EASA spec. Seems a strange decision by DJI to release in Europe as is.
Yeah. It’s crazy. If you read the tweet I linked DJI say they’re only releasing the ADSB version in the US for now. So, they have the model available. I would have been interested in the Air2, but like you say - it’s a waste of money right now.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78