DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 fcc 10km enquiry

Hi can i fly mavic air 2 fcc device for 10km in CE region
Hi Fellow countryman.

If you allow the fly app and the aircraft to recognize the region as CE (like Malaysia), it will transmit at CE levels that will likely not reach 10km even if you have optimal conditions to fly, ie no interference and clear line of sight.

If you somehow trick the fly app to start in a FCC region, it will transmit at FCC levels (6dB more) of signal that maybe can reach 10km in optimal conditions.

In practice unless you are flying over water or in a very rural area it is very hard to get optimal conditions for long distance flight.

Have you got your Air 2 yet? Show it off!

Hi Lee

Thank u for your reply...i still havent bought the mavic air 2 yet as i am nt sure to buy the fcc version or buy ce version and use the app to change location
Have u got yours?can i know what version is urs and also the name of the app to change location..
Greatly appreciated if you could suggest me what to do

Hi Lee

Thank u for your reply...i still havent bought the mavic air 2 yet as i am nt sure to buy the fcc version or buy ce version and use the app to change location
Have u got yours?can i know what version is urs and also the name of the app to change location..
Greatly appreciated if you could suggest me what to do
FCC version as of today SHOULD mean it has ADSB. Meaning the fly app should pop up with nearby manned aircraft warning if that aircraft is adsb compliant. If this feature is somehow important to you then make sure your dealer confirm this feature is in your FCC set. Other than that a CE set or FCC set should be the same, so if you start up ur fly app and aircraft in Malaysia it WILL default transmit at CE levels.

To force FCC transmission level it is confirmed doable by Jailbroken IOS device. For Android it should be even easier but I have not seen any proof of this. Maybe I will tell u in a few days time. But the core of the matter is, CE occusync 2.0 is more than enough if your are trying to obey the regulations and also fly within line of sight. Should not have any issue to get a few km which is more than enough.

The FCC hack in IOS needs any location spoofing app which you can get from cydia etc. Set your location to somewhere in US.

Edit- I am waiting for my CE version which is officially warrantied by DJI's appointed distributor. If you get a FCC set you need to go back to the sole dealer and hope the patch u thru to DJI directly or something.

Reactions: Gary R and Twiggy0
Thank u for your explanation..i get it now and yes i am looking to go the distance and ADSB..so do u have any recommendations who i can buy this from in malaysia?
As for phone im using an android..i hope to get an update from u in coming days bout this hack.
Base on your opinion that lazada here have sellers who can get fCC..do u think its ori? Or they pulling a fast one on me?
Is there a faster way maybe we could communicate.? U have a very GOOD knowledge on mavic air 2....by the way this is my first drone

Thank u for your explanation..i get it now and yes i am looking to go the distance and ADSB..so do u have any recommendations who i can buy this from in malaysia?
As for phone im using an android..i hope to get an update from u in coming days bout this hack.
Base on your opinion that lazada here have sellers who can get fCC..do u think its ori? Or they pulling a fast one on me?
Is there a faster way maybe we could communicate.? U have a very GOOD knowledge on mavic air 2....by the way this is my first drone
I sent you a PM

You can get the FCC version on Shopee at mrgotravel shop.
The price is about RM 400 more than the non-fcc version. There are a couple dealers in KL that have the FCC (really just the ADS-B version) stock now.

The only difference is that the "FCC" version has the ADS-B..FCC version.jpg

As this is your first drone and Malaysia has no requirements for the ADS-B and is not likely to for a few years one must ask is it worth the extra money ? ALSO, more importantly, if you have a problem with the drone and need repairs will they fix the FCC version in Malaysia ???

FYI I purchased a FMC (without the ADS-B) and had it shipped to Penang in one day by GDEx.

Last edited:
Reactions: Twiggy0
Thank u gary for the explanation..what u mean by FMCversion? All i know there is FCC..CE and SRRC version...is it ok u pm me ur number we could have a talk over on whatsapp since u have knowledge and own MA2....and thank u for the known dealers info..will check it out

Thank u gary for the explanation..what u mean by FMCversion? All i know there is FCC..CE and SRRC version...is it ok u pm me ur number we could have a talk over on whatsapp since u have knowledge and own MA2....and thank u for the known dealers info..will check it out
FMC = FlyMore Combo

The CE, FCC, and SRRC transmission frequency settings are all in the same drone (as it is in all other DJI drones except for the Mavic Mini). SRRC designation is the Chinese nomenclature for their transmission regulations as the CE is in Europe and some other countries and as the FCC is in the US.

The transmission strength output is set by the drone and remote firmware after the GPS location is determined. I have read that the drone will override the remote but cannot confirm that.

As you can see in this and other threads people have been successful with the hack using an IOS device. I just received my MA2 yesterday and haven't had a chance to try it on my android phone. As it works with an IOS phone I see no reason to believe that it won't work with an android device.

The inconvenient problem is confirming that one is in the FCC transmission strength mode. The example pics I've seen so far in the transmission page on the Fly app appear not to show the white line above the 90 db (less than the 90 line) that shows on the Go4 app when in FCC mode. Admittedly it's confusing to me but there are many on this forum that are much smarter than I am so I'm hoping one of them will figure it out and let us know.

Last edited:
Well Gary i do hope u do update me soon..i have yet to purchase mA2 as not sure if fcc will work here..im looking to go the distance then just 6km for CE version...do keep me posted regard to android phone as im on android as well

I think you still don't understand. He is trying to tell you that you can buy Air 2 with ADS-B or without it. ADS-B is for Americas market. But there is not diffrence in hardware (expect ADS-B) in the drone for the USA or other market. So if you buy Air 2 in Europe you will get the one without ADS-B. And it will work in CE mode out of the box. But you cane do "FCC hack" with Fake GPS and the drone "thinks" it is in the USA. And so you get the FCC, stronger transmition and more range. ;)

Well Gary i do hope u do update me soon..i have yet to purchase mA2 as not sure if fcc will work here..im looking to go the distance then just 6km for CE version...do keep me posted regard to android phone as im on android as well

If you really want FCC buy it from Aliexpress.com

If you really want FCC buy it from Aliexpress.com

There are "FCC" (ADS-B) Air 2s are available in Malaysia. They are being sold for +- $100 more than the non-ADS-B models. The problem with purchasing a drone from outside Malaysia is the customs. I purchased a mini from outside when they first came out and had to return it as customs created a problem. One can get most all drones on the market inside Malaysia at more or less the same price as outside. If one does slip through then the problem of warranty and repair comes up.

Last edited:
sorry to hijack your thread but where can i read up rules for flying in malaysia?

I don't know that there are actually any real rules written up for Malaysia other than flying in no-fly zones and in crowded areas and over people. Common sense and logic are expected but sadly, not always used. As the hobby continues to gain popularity I expect more regulations will appear...

From what I hear Singapore is getting much more stringent on drones ??

There are "FCC" (ADS-B) Air 2s are available in Malaysia. They are being sold for +- $100 more than the non-ADS-B models. The problem with purchasing a drone from outside Malaysia is the customs. I purchased a mini from outside when thy first came out and had to return it as customs created a problem. One can get most all drones on the market inside Malaysia at more or less the same price as outside. If one does slip through then the problem of warranty and repair comes up.

Lets just say its easy to get away with paying duty, a friend told me ;).

With regards to warranty, DJI wouldn't warrant an FCC drone in Malaysia, if Malaysia abides by CE rules and regs. The FCC would be classed as a secondary import.

Lets just say its easy to get away with paying duty, a friend told me ;).

With regards to warranty, DJI wouldn't warrant an FCC drone in Malaysia, if Malaysia abides by CE rules and regs. The FCC would be classed as a secondary import.
Getting away without paying duty when bringing in on a airplane is not difficult. Shipping in through customs is another story depending on what it is.. , time of year, etc etc... ;_)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeaconB