DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 IMU Altitude Error every power up.

Reactions
Brand new MA2, just a few hours of flights. No crashes. I get a weird IMU altitude error every time I power up. It goes away after 2-3 seconds. I'm able to take off and fly just fine. I have seen zero issues flying. It's perfect except sometimes it lands 2-3 feet away from takeoff spot using RTH.

Should I be worried about this IMU error? I've never seen it while actually flying.

try doing a IMU and Compass calibration ,also delete the app and reinstall all those things might help
as its brand new maybe you could get a exchange if you purchased it locally

Reactions: Thomas B
Try refreshing the firmware on both the drone and controller using the DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic. Also remember that each battery may need a firmware update.

Ok I calibrated the IMU and the compass and took it for a little 25 minute joy ride over a big park by the house. No errors. However, at the end of the flight, I landed, picked up the drone and started walking with it towards the house and noticed that if I turned the drone sideways then I would see the IMU error....straighten it out again and the error goes away.

Thinking back...I have never seen the error on the screen when the drone was stationary. I guess I normally turn the drone on, walk over and place it down to where it will take off.

Does this make any difference? Does this matter? Am I fine?

In my experience the IMU error message has only occurred when the drone was not level or flat. It could be that surface you placed the drone on was not level and therefore caused the prompt in the DJI Fly app to appear. Or turning the drone where it is not level causes this prompt and error.

It sounds like you are fine. As long as the prompt error message disappears when it is level you are good to go.

Ok I calibrated the IMU and the compass and took it for a little 25 minute joy ride over a big park by the house. No errors. However, at the end of the flight, I landed, picked up the drone and started walking with it towards the house and noticed that if I turned the drone sideways then I would see the IMU error....straighten it out again and the error goes away.

Thinking back...I have never seen the error on the screen when the drone was stationary. I guess I normally turn the drone on, walk over and place it down to where it will take off.

Does this make any difference? Does this matter? Am I fine?
Turn the drone off before you pick it up... safest anyway... the error will stop.

The Tello will give a similar IMU error if you pick it up and turn it sideways.

That's probably attitude, not altitude.

My M2 often takes some time to get to "ready to fly" on first flight of the session. If I do CSC to start motors, it then says something about IMU not getting sensor data.

@ilovebeermoney it is always better to place the drone at the take off spot facing mag north then after you have linked the RC and device stand behind the drone and start the drone ,wait till you hear the homepoint message and it has locked on to enough sats then your good to go
when you land always stop video first then turn off the drone before you move it

Perhaps you were holding the drone sideways when you turned it on? I set it down then turn it on.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llMUTTZZll