DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 In Air Turns

Katrio

Reactions
Hello

I am a new drone pilot and the Mavic Air 2 is my first drone. I love it and have been flying it for a few weeks now.

My question is in regards to in flight turns. If I am flying and make a turn, the drone seems to turn too fast for it to look good on video cinematically. Is there a way to lower the turn speed (sensitivity)?

As of now, the only way to mute the YAW response is to switch to Tripod Mode on the remote. This mode slows down the response of stick inputs and allows for smoother shots. We do expect that in the near future, DJI will release a firmware update that will allow for custom EXP settings that will allow adjusting stick input responses in the other modes as well. For now, it's a waiting game.

Hello

I am a new drone pilot and the Mavic Air 2 is my first drone. I love it and have been flying it for a few weeks now.

My question is in regards to in flight turns. If I am flying and make a turn, the drone seems to turn too fast for it to look good on video cinematically. Is there a way to lower the turn speed (sensitivity)?
Not the sensitivity, outside of tripod mode, but the perceived effect can look better if you add speed away from the direction of the turn, as you would to keep a POI in the center of the frame, while yawing. You can also add extensions to the sticks for a little more throw to work with, and you can nudge them from the side, too, for more gentle turns in N mode. The old P3P silicone slipover thumb stick controls still work great over the MA2 sticks. Bestem Bt-phantom-knob5 PhantomKnob P3 ADV Precision Control Knobs for DJI Phant for sale online | eBay

Reactions: d-rive
Not the sensitivity, outside of tripod mode, but the perceived effect can look better if you add speed away from the direction of the turn, as you would to keep a POI in the center of the frame, while yawing. You can also add extensions to the sticks for a little more throw to work with, and you can nudge them from the side, too, for more gentle turns in N mode. The old P3P silicone slipover thumb stick controls still work great over the MA2 sticks. Bestem Bt-phantom-knob5 PhantomKnob P3 ADV Precision Control Knobs for DJI Phant for sale online | eBay
Do you know if these silicone stick extensions work with MP/MPP sticks? Great suggestion.

there is a rule of thumb for yaw rate with video but in my opinion that shot will never look good except the distant horizon and then it's so slow it's boring. Just my opinion.
Frame rate enters the question also but that a whole different subject.
Leave the video camera on..then edit out all the quick turns see what you think of the results. You'll learn to plan ahead.

Do you know if these silicone stick extensions work with MP/MPP sticks? Great suggestion.
I've used them on all my DJI drones, including all Phantoms, the MP, M2, and MA2. All DJI sticks are essentially the same size in terms of diameter at the ends, and these silicone PhantomKnobs fit snugly over all of them, and are easily removed at any time. The enlarged diameter top also lets you nudge the sticks gently from the sides, as needed, for even more precision.

Reactions: DanaMc
Wish I could find shorter sticks for my controller. I feel I could get smoother movements if they were shorter.

Wish I could find shorter sticks for my controller. I feel I could get smoother movements if they were shorter.
No, it’s the complete opposite, longer sticks give you better/smoother control - the sticks have to travel further hence smoother input

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Had the same issue flying helicopters. Went to shorter sticks and made all the difference in the world.

Part of my issue is arthritis in my hands too. Shorter sticks don’t bother my thumb joints as much.
To each their own.???
Appreciate your input though.

Reactions: InvisibleName
I've used them on all my DJI drones, including all Phantoms, the MP, M2, and MA2. All DJI sticks are essentially the same size in terms of diameter at the ends, and these silicone PhantomKnobs fit snugly over all of them, and are easily removed at any time. The enlarged diameter top also lets you nudge the sticks gently from the sides, as needed, for even more precision.
Excellent! Thanks.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Had the same issue flying helicopters. Went to shorter sticks and made all the difference in the world.

Part of my issue is arthritis in my hands too. Shorter sticks don’t bother my thumb joints as much.
To each their own.???
Ah, that I can understand - good luck with the search.... thought of buying a metal file Instead? ?

To each their own.???
You can remove them completely, and just manipulate the hemisphere bases with your thumbs. Can't get any shorter than that! ?

Reactions: InvisibleName
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147