DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 Launch Date April 27th 2020!

Drone Master

Rest In Peace, Fellow Pilot
Premium Pilot
Reactions
I don't know. That's no Mavic Air... it makes no sense to me at all to change the sleek, curvy design of the first air to the "normal" looking Mavic Pro / 2 / Mini shape and still call it "Mavic Air".

If they release that leaked model, maybe it will be a lighter version, just called "Mavic"?

Reactions: FEMit and Alky1229
Yes, I also read that threat you're mentioning... thank you for posting it here!

But it still feels not right, neither design- nor marketing-wise... why replacing such a well-designed "racing-style sportscar-drone" to such a bulky- or at least normal-looking thing. I mean, I love my Mini and my Mavic 2 Pro for what they are. But they're by far no "Air-design" and I bought the first generation Air, which was my first drone, because it was so well-designed, streamlined, appealing to my eye.

Are the images and the FCC listing from the exactly same product for sure?

The FCC documents don't contain many images in them. The leaked images that appeared prior to those documents are likely the final product design.

Yes, I also read that threat you're mentioning... thank you for posting it here!

But it still feels not right, neither design- nor marketing-wise... why replacing such a well-designed "racing-style sportscar-drone" to such a bulky- or at least normal-looking thing. I mean, I love my Mini and my Mavic 2 Pro for what they are. But they're by far no "Air-design" and I bought the first generation Air, which was my first drone, because it was so well-designed, streamlined, appealing to my eye.

I share your feelings regarding the design; the MA is a design masterpiece. But DJI seems to have decided that the M2 design is the best for whatever reason and are propagating that design on to their new product lineup; first the MM and now the MA2. I will miss the MA's futuristic look and its sleek appearance; but I think the introduction of a MA2 makes a lot of sense marketing wise. Cross posting the below from the other thread
I think this is intended to replace the MA and fill the wide gap between the MM and the M2 line. The MA has been on the market for a while now and it is kinda getting hard to sell. What I mean by that is this. Imagine you are coming from the MM which gave you 25+ minutes of flight time. You want to upgrade but your choices are between an insanely expensive M2 and a reasonably priced MA that gave you 15 minutes of flight. Both are a hard sell. The MA2 solves this problem and I am thinking it will make the MA obsolete.

Its not coming out in april. DJI usually releases a teaser picture or marketing segment ahead of time similar to the mavic mini to entice and create buzz. Plus with the covid virus going on still, might be too early. I think May or June would be the sweet spot to release it as things will go back to normal for the summer at least and people will be eager to get out and buy stuff especially drone addicts here.

Its not coming out in april. DJI usually releases a teaser picture or marketing segment ahead of time similar to the mavic mini to entice and create buzz. Plus with the covid virus going on still, might be too early. I think May or June would be the sweet spot to release it as things will go back to normal for the summer at least and people will be eager to get out and buy stuff especially drone addicts here.
Surprised that you mentioned the Mavic Mini Fly as you are event. DJI released the official date 6 days before that event. I reported the release date weeks before.
Mavic Mini Announcement October 30th!
There were only a few teaser pics at that time. The same as there are now.

Hey,
I wanted to buy a mavic air, after seeing all these leaks I'm really confused what to do........will it be a worth waiting?

I just saw an email from dji that states “up your game on April 27”. This is the pic.
d89ee9c2b3b95cd83c414159498f04a5.jpg

For the posted announcement please go to this dedicated thread for further comments directly related. Keeps things from getting fragmented. Thanks.

Reactions: Drone Master
I think that may show a part of the the ads-b system... status display, likely being on top of the drone?

Or maybe the battery level like on top of a Mavic Pro / Mavic 2?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AviewFromAbove_