DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air 2 moving towards goggles compatibility???

KostantinosB

Reactions
Hello everyone ..so happy to be part of this exciting creative community and learned so much from all the valuable feedback ..It is my first post here so I would really appreciate any insight ..I have purchased a mavic air 2 with which I must say I am really impressed having the hope that it will receive an update for goggles fpv compatibility using the regular controller and not having to spend an extra 500 for the smart one .I have also heard that from several YouTube channels and reviews .Doea anyone have any idea if Indeed DJI is moving towards that direction ? And what’s the possible timeframe for this happening?thank you very much in advance .

Reactions: magman
Hello everyone ..so happy to be part of this exciting creative community and learned so much from all the valuable feedback ..It is my first post here so I would really appreciate any insight ..I have purchased a mavic air 2 with which I must say I am really impressed having the hope that it will receive an update for goggles fpv compatibility using the regular controller and not having to spend an extra 500 for the smart one .I have also heard that from several YouTube channels and reviews .Doea anyone have any idea if Indeed DJI is moving towards that direction ? And what’s the possible timeframe for this happening?thank you very much in advance .

The issue isn't the MA2, it's the goggles. While both may "need" a update, it's the goggles that will need a major one. The Goggles are not compatible with the Fly App. While DJI might be able to "work around" that it's more that they must deem a actual demand to allocate their shortened engineering team to do so. Their adding compatibility to even the M2P/Z was mediocre at best by some reports.

I personally don't really see them aiming in that direction, but that is not to say they won't, I just don't see the demand given price point for goggles price and Mini/MA2 price as it doesn't seem to fit the particular marketing structure.

With DJI the squeaky wheel gets the grease and it will take thousands probably of requests to get their attention otherwise. So long story short, it might be on the meeting room board. But I seriously doubt it is very high on the list of projects, if at all they are looking at. I would just dismiss the idea of it coming IMHO, and be pleasantly surprised if and when it happens :)

Last edited:
Reactions: magman
Another thought is that DJI backed off the attention to their goggles since their use would violate VLOS rules that most jurisdictions have.

No, they sell an entire FPV system. They’re not worried about any VLOS rules. You’re supposed to use a spotter anyway.

I’m waiting for version 2 of the DJI goggles. I’m sure they’re working on it because their current goggles are over 2 years old now! The new version will probably be compatible with DJI Fly. So hopefully they release version 2 soon! I’ll pick it up for my Air 2.

Reactions: joe8012
Hi All

there is a work around using the dji goggles with the MA2 using a few accessories I got from Amazon. Check out my video if you want to see how to do it and links to buy the accessories are all there as well. Hope this helps.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun