DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 Night Hyperlapse

Extra Gravity

Reactions
Anyone had any luck trying NIGHT Hyperlapses with Air 2.

Was think my of giving it a go but was unsure if optimal settings etc.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks kindly.

Reactions: Thmoore
Is it legal to fly drones at night in England? We colonists aren't allowed to. :(

Sure we are. Just not in controlled airspace, and not as a Part 107 flight. Has to be recreational.

Reactions: shutterup
Anyone had any luck trying NIGHT Hyperlapses with Air 2.

Was think my of giving it a go but was unsure if optimal settings etc.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks kindly.

I've been thinking about it, but the MA2 *really* doesn't do well in low light like the M2P does.

I don't typically fly at night but after shooting a nice sunset from our local flying field with my MA2, I thought the clouds passing the full moon would be interesting in hyperlapse. The recording came out okay but I want to try shooting this scene again during the next full moon with different settings to see if I can clean up the grainy, low light recording.

That was ..... AMAZING.

So it is possible!! I was looking at the ground , lights etc during that video - everything looks pretty sharp. A little clean up in post and I'm sure we could get some beautiful nightlapses.

Im want to try over shooting traffic next to a busyish rd etc.

Man I'm pumped after watching that , thanks mate.

Reactions: rcourtney671
You're welcome and glad you found some inspiration in my video ?. I've been flying radio controlled airplanes and helicopters for over 10-years but flying drones and editing video recordings is a whole new ball game for me. There's not a lot of activity at our local flying field but it's an area I'm familiar and comfortable with so, I try to work with what I see. Been practicing some long exposure shots of traffic moving in this same area. Nothing super exciting again, just doing my best working with what I see ?.

Attachments

• DJI_0356.JPG
    DJI_0356.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 17
  • DJI_0347.JPG
    DJI_0347.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 16
I believe in Britain we are allowed to fly half an hour before Sunrise and half an hour after Sunset. So as we head into our darker months, the opportunities increase. The Air 2 is very visible with it's flashing lights, so you'd have to be aware of not causing a distraction.

I don't typically fly at night but after shooting a nice sunset from our local flying field with my MA2, I thought the clouds passing the full moon would be interesting in hyperlapse. The recording came out okay but I want to try shooting this scene again during the next full moon with different settings to see if I can clean up the grainy, low light recording.

Very nice.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky