DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 prop replacement

Billd6

Reactions
When replacing props, do you replace all 4 or just the damaged one? Do DJI props come as a matched set of 4? Other than DJI what's the best source for props.

Bill

I do replace only the ones that are damaged, even if it is a little damage, it is worth replacing.
However, I do recommend replacing all propellers if you can and have enough. Once my drone crashed because a propeller split in half during flight, not a good experience...

The important thing is when you replace to make sure that the A/B propellers match with corresponding motors. On 2 of the motors there are gray lines, and on the other two there aren't. Same with the props, check that you put them on correctly, so your drone doesn't flip on takeoff.

I only use DJI OEM propellers, as they are the most safe and trusted ones, however there are some 3rd party manufacturers that do good props too, such as Master Airscrew which are trusted by many pilots. However, using 3rd party props isn't recommended if you have DJI Care Refresh because in some cases DJI might refuse to replace the drone if they notice you were using not OEM propellers, which they can by checking the logs, I suppose.

For habit, I always replace all 4 when 1 came bad, but the props came in 2 sets. Front Right and Back Left and Front Left and Back Right

Normally DJI makes one of the sets with white marks around the motor shaft hole in one of the sets to distinct.

When replacing props, do you replace all 4 or just the damaged one?
I only replace the props that are damaged. If the other props are in good condition, it doesn't make sense to toss them out.

Reactions: rickfmdj and Starz
Depends on what caused the damage. If a strike, I replace all. Some damage may not be visible as the tabs on the bottom can crack or break off without you knowing unless removed. You will eventually find out but not happily. If the others look fine, save for a rainy 🙄 day or emergency 😳. I only use DJI props (Amazon), cheap enough to not worry about replacing. Alternative is losing you expensive drone over a few bucks.

Depends on what caused the damage. If a strike, I replace all. Some damage may not be visible as the tabs on the bottom can crack or break off without you knowing unless removed. You will eventually find out but not happily. If the others look fine, save for a rainy 🙄 day or emergency 😳. I only use DJI props (Amazon), cheap enough to not worry about replacing. Alternative is losing you expensive drone over a few bucks.
I used to let the propellers on my Air 2S all the time but now I take the off more frequently just to inspect the tabs on the bottom.

Reactions: Capt KO
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonyack