DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 Range Issues

MMMMM i have a CE model ,all uk models are sold here are in CE mode, FCC is in the USA and not sure where else..:oops: there is an FCC mod on this forum.when my MA2 is in its normal CE, mode its range is poor with the FCC mod ive done over 6km no issues. (in open countyside)
https://mavicpilots.com/threads/mod-dji-fly-fcc-v1-2-2-ios-ma2-mini-2-1-by-gb160-gleno0h.90901/

For the Mavic Air 2, there is no "CE" model. The aircraft will go into CE or FCC mode depending upon where you are flying. If you bring yours to the US, it will use FCC transmission. If I bring mine to the UK, it will use CE.

The poster I was replying to though he may have purchased the wrong model. He/she did not.

For the Mavic Air 2, there is no "CE" model. The aircraft will go into CE or FCC mode depending upon where you are flying. If you bring yours to the US, it will use FCC transmission. If I bring mine to the UK, it will use CE.

The poster I was replying to though he may have purchased the wrong model. He/she did not.
i do believe its the software ie the fly app that controls this .

I've gone 6km over the ocean with full signal with my MA2 a bunch of times. Range is significantly less in my neighborhood. Only 1 mile in some directions.

Reactions: ninja_geezer
Hey guys, a few days ago I posted about range issues with my Mavic Air 2. At the time, the best I could manage was just over 500m. Someone helpfully suggested flying in Airplane Mode, and that got me up to 700+ (Up to 900m in one instance). But it's still nothing like the advertised range.

I've spoken to DJI, and they've given me some troubleshooting tips, which I'm working my way through now. If they don't work, they've advised me to send it back for repair.

But one tip they gave was to "Please adjust the antenna during the flight.". I thought they were built into the phone holder? Not sure how to "adjust them".

Help appreciated. :)
If you are able try it in a flat open place over the water or in the countryside.or even better if you can stand high up on a hill. built up areas like others have said are not good.ive also been using a yagi antenna seems to help as well.

Since the new software release, range has dropped from over 4klms tested to about 1.5 Kim’s. Nothing changed other than upgrade.....
Have you tested this ? what software do you mean ive not heard about this.was it in the exact same place and same conditions ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR