DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 Remote vibrates

AusTrekie

Reactions
Have recently updated firmware to my Mavic Air 2, also updated Remote Controller Firmware and updated the DJI Fly iPhone app. After all these updates, I flew my Mavic Air 2 in great weather yesterday, but during the flight the Remote Controller vibrated intermittently several times, for unknown reasons, never had this issue previously, Has one of the updates caused this ? Any advise appreciated.

Have recently updated firmware to my Mavic Air 2, also updated Remote Controller Firmware and updated the DJI Fly iPhone app. After all these updates, I flew my Mavic Air 2 in great weather yesterday, but during the flight the Remote Controller vibrated intermittently several times, for unknown reasons, never had this issue previously, Has one of the updates caused this ? Any advise appreciated.
The remote itself doesn't have Haptic Feedback, are you sure it wasn't your mobile device vibrating with an alert of some sort?

Reactions: TnDronePilot
The remote itself doesn't have Haptic Feedback, are you sure it wasn't your mobile device vibrating with an alert of some sort?

Thanks for the reply, mobile phone was in flight mode, no messages or cell tower connection. I have heard that the new RMC may have vibration ability, but not sure. I do not feel it was the mobile due to being in flight mode.

Your phone will vibrate if the obstacle avoidance is triggered. If you weren't near any obstacles, perhaps you were flying into the sun and had a false trigger due to that.

Your phone will vibrate if the obstacle avoidance is triggered. If you weren't near any obstacles, perhaps you were flying into the sun and had a false trigger due to that.

Thanks for the info, was not aware the phone vibrated due to flying into sun, or obstacles. Not had issues to date with obstacles, I keep away from them. Now that you mentioned this scenario, I do recall for a brief moment I did see the obstacle warning image display at bottom of screen, on one occasion briefly display, and I know for a fact there was no obstacle, not sure about the sun, possible was facing towards sun. The interesting thing is hasn’t occurred previously on any other flights, could one of the new updates made this more sensitive ? I had it randomly occur several times on my last flight, highly unusual. Thanks also for your input.

With the M2, it's the RC itself that vibrates. The app produces a quick and loud deet deet deet sound. I know it's the RC as I often fly with the tablet stood up on a table and RC in my hand with a long enough USB cable.
I would guess the MA2 remote is the same, though using the device vibrator would also makes sense, but some tablets might not have vibrators.

With the M2, it's the RC itself that vibrates. The app produces a quick and loud deet deet deet sound. I know it's the RC as I often fly with the tablet stood up on a table and RC in my hand with a long enough USB cable.
I would guess the MA2 remote is the same, though using the device vibrator would also makes sense, but some tablets might not have vibrators.

Interesting ! Have not been able to confirm if my Mavic Air 2 Remote vibrates to indicate an issue, it may have been my iPhone, from previous responses. Still a Mystery as it seemed to only have occurred after I updated all at the same time the IOS DJI Fly app, MA2 Firmware and the RMC firmware, no issues previously. Have now redone the firmware on both MA2 and RMC, cleaned all sensors, and see what happens in next flight.

Interesting ! Have not been able to confirm if my Mavic Air 2 Remote vibrates to indicate an issue, it may have been my iPhone, from previous responses. Still a Mystery as it seemed to only have occurred after I updated all at the same time the IOS DJI Fly app, MA2 Firmware and the RMC firmware, no issues previously. Have now redone the firmware on both MA2 and RMC, cleaned all sensors, and see what happens in next flight.
The remote itself doesn't have haptic feedback motors that I've seen in any teardown videos. I unmounted the phone from the remote and in my case it was the phone that vibrated.
Hope you fixed it!Screenshot_20201114-202650.jpeg

Reactions: GadgetGuy
The remote itself doesn't have haptic feedback motors that I've seen in any teardown videos. I unmounted the phone from the remote and in my case it was the phone that vibrated.
Hope you fixed it!View attachment 117215

Thanks for info and picture, vibration appears to have come from iPhone, and most likely caused by sensors being triggered in some way, weird how this suddenly happened after updates, no issues previously, also was flying in perfect weather conditions, and no obstacles at times of occupancy’s, drone appears to pause in flight when this occurred , as if there was an obstacle. Will see what happens on next flight.

I got a vibration (phone) during a strong wind warning. I usually fly with an iPad and it really startled me lol

This happened to me today while I was getting a warning that a manned aircraft was in the vicinity, so I assumed that's why it was vibrating.

Still unknown issue, happened several times on the day, but has not occurred since, did do a Firmware refresh on Mavic Air 2 & RMC, so still a mystery, good weather conditions and no obstructions. Vibrations may have come from DJI App on iPhone, and not controller, but it felt like the controller. Will keep monitoring it.

I had the vibration happen a few week ago. Flying MA2 with iphone6s connected to Controller. Was about 250’ when the screen started flashing and I could feel the vibration and the message box popped up about aircraft in area, no sooner than I started to descend than I heard the prop noise from a close helicopter. The screen was flashing and strong vibration about time I was down to 100’ that a LifeFlight helicopter flew past almost straight overhead very LOW. One of those WOW moments
It seemed that the second pop up message box said something about immediate action and lots of flashing screen. Would something like this get recorded into any of the flight logs?

Its happen with me. remote controller vibrating continuously, then I noticed there was an manned aircraft was flying over me. that was rounding over my area 3,4 times. once it comes near to me few kilometers, my RC starts vibrating.

Its happen with me. remote controller vibrating continuously, then I noticed there was an manned aircraft was flying over me. that was rounding over my area 3,4 times. once it comes near to me few kilometers, my RC starts vibrating.

It's your phone vibrating, not the remote controller.

It's your phone vibrating, not the remote controller.

I'm not sure what was vibrating on a recent flight, but it shook.

The remote, Tripltek, or the chop of the rotors from the helicopter that flew over about 200' ? :rolleyes:

I was photographing a hornets nest 80' up in a tree that's about 120' tall when my ADS-B alarm went off.

I safely lowered to 10' while the alarm was yellow at first, and then red all over the screen as it flew over.

I've never seen the screen that red before.

Love the safety features. 👍

I wished it worked right, I only get warned about small AC's half the time.... I live less than 4 miles from my local county airport and less than 30 miles from GSP international airport. It always warns me about big AC's though, I am on the path to ATL airport.

Not all aircraft are equipped with it.

I live in Class G airspace and some of the local planes don't have it.

Yea, lot of weekend traffic around here, got a couple of helopads and couple of private airstrips within 2 miles. It is the helos I'm worried about no warning, low and fast. (even chinooks sometimes)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charliesunique