DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air 2 s very latent

I have a new Air 2 s with the smart controller. It is very latent and the images is very glitchy. Has anyone ran into this and knows of a solution?
There is apparently an option to downgrade the video being sent to the controller, which helps with latency issues. I haven't tried it myself so can't vouch for it.

Are you using the Smart Controller released for the Mavic 2, or the more recent SC/SC Pro? The Fly app is a pig for processor resources and older devices struggle to run it.

Reactions: LoudThunder
I have an issue with my Air 2S along these lines. I don't know whether it's appropriate to piggyback here or start my own thread. Please advise me if I'm out of line here.
As a Member, not a Mod, I do not think you are out of line, but I have seen some feedback in other postings about "trying to 'Highjack' a posting" so some members may think you are out of line.

As for me, I would advise against this simply that your posting being so similar to the original and it could cause confusion in the responses. Not all the member quote a previous posting and merely reply. But if there are two similar, but different postings, which posting is the response being given for?

I would post your issues completely in a new, separate topic. This way all responses are directed to your issues.

And post your topic with just as much information as you can muster and if photos or videos would help, do it the first time, don't make folks ask for it. I am sure you remember the old "Dragnet" TV Series with Jack Webb; as "Sgt Joe Friday" would say, "Just the facts, ma'am…"

Good Luck!

By the way, depending on what you compare it to. The old "Smart Controller" (the one that comes with the Mini 3 Pro, isn't called the Smart controller, it's called the RC), is Ocusync 2.0 at best, if you use the RC-N1 the Air 2S normally comes with, it does Ocusync 3.0 for the transmission.

I had these issues when I purchased my Air 2 . Its defiantly the phone or tablet processing power.
It bugged me that it is hard to get that information prior to your drone purchase. I actually got the best info Via Forums.
After going through a couple of I pad minis, I finally got good results with the i pad mini 5 and it works well with my Air 2 S too.
If I was making a new purchase I would buy one with their (DJI) latest controller with the built in screen thus avoiding any conflicts with non DJI devices. Just Saying

I had these issues when I purchased my Air 2 . Its defiantly the phone or tablet processing power.
It bugged me that it is hard to get that information prior to your drone purchase. I actually got the best info Via Forums.
After going through a couple of I pad minis, I finally got good results with the i pad mini 5 and it works well with my Air 2 S too.
If I was making a new purchase I would buy one with their (DJI) latest controller with the built in screen thus avoiding any conflicts with non DJI devices. Just Saying
A problem is that devices can drift out-of-spec. When I bought my Mavic Mini I used my iPad Mini 4, which was in spec (I checked before buying the drone). I also did all the updates to DJI Fly as they came in (to get the bug fixes, I didn't need the support for newer drones) and when I noticed the Mini was getting laggy I realized that my iPad was no longer supported. One of the DJI Fly updates was a bridge too far. :confused:

I don't know what's inside my RC Controller, but I really hope that DJI is smart enough not to push out a DJI Fly update that it can't run.

That is good insight Thumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000