DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air 2 s very latent

Hello from the Crossroads of America Vancouver Water Taxi.

I can't help you with your problem.

Other members may be able to help.

But I can welcome you to the Forum. :cool:

I have a new Air 2 s with the smart controller. It is very latent and the images is very glitchy. Has anyone ran into this and knows of a solution?
Latency issues are going to be a case of your phone or tablet not having sufficient processing power or not being properly configured.
Here are tips to properly configure your device.
Apple
Android

But the Fly app is quite demanding and if the phone or tablet doesn't have a fast enough processor or less than 4GB of RAM, it won't run well.

Latency issues are going to be a case of your phone or tablet not having sufficient processing power or not being properly configured.
Here are tips to properly configure your device.
Apple
Android

But the Fly app is quite demanding and if the phone or tablet doesn't have a fast enough processor or less than 4GB of RAM, it won't run well.
He's flying with a smart controller. To the O.P. I don't use one, but have heard of lagging problems using the SC with the Air2S. Do a search here or on the DJI forums and you should learn more.

I have a new Air 2 s with the smart controller. It is very latent and the images is very glitchy.
I am sorry that I cannot offer any assistance, but Welcome from the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, USA. We have a Member's Map in the Upper Right of the Title Bar. Click on "Members" and then Click on "Member's Map…" Check it out and you might find some new flying friends.

Fly On and Fly Safe…

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your participation and your view of the world.

I have a new Air 2 s with the smart controller. It is very latent and the images is very glitchy. Has anyone ran into this and knows of a solution?
Just to be clear, the smart controller you use, is it the one released for use with the Mavic 2 line? Antennas that flip down from the underside? If so: it was designed to run the GO4 app with 1st release O2 transmission. The Air 2S uses FLY with an upgraded O2/O3 TX/RX. The smart controller might have had compatibility shoehorned in as a firmware retro-fit, but it just hasn't got the grunt for the job.

Last edited:
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Are you up to date on your firmware? I had the same problem after I updated it was fine... There is a brand new update out I just received not too long ago I forget the version I'll have to look it up and send it to you later if you need it then still...

You could look into it alien tech amplified antenna mod. I would believe amplifying your signal in and out should give you better quality without the lag. and the long distance with signal.

WOW Thank you all for chiming in on my problem. What a great form. And thank you to all for the warm welcome.

Yes the App on the Smart controller could be the issue. How ever I tired the drone on my Ipad and had the same issues. I have contacted DJI and I might send it in for them to test. I fly for my work and I need 2 drones. I fly the Mini 3 pro as well and that is a great drone. I crashed my Mavic 2 and it is off for repair. fingers crossed they can fix it affordably.

The other issue that is coming up is that the Map wont load.

I have refreshed the firm ware on both controller and drone. I have tried a second smart controller and an iPad. I checked with DJI support. and there spec. delay is the same for most drones 120-130ms. I would like to try a signal booster but the one that is advertised on this site is 550$ A bit pricy buy I may go that way.

I am thinking of buying another Mavic air 2 s and checking if that is the problem. DJI support says they have a 2 week return period. Has anyone used this before??

Thanks again for all the feed back.

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

I have had latency issues (where there is a jerky motion in flight). It is just on the live feed, it is not how the video is being recorded. I had a Mavic Air2 and upgraded to a 2S, using same controller and same iPad Mini. I never had the problem with the Air 2, only since the upgrade. So it's likely a problem with the amount of data the 2S is sending.

I have an issue with my Air 2S along these lines. I don't know whether it's appropriate to piggyback here or start my own thread. Please advise me if I'm out of line here. Anyhow...intermittently, my Air 2S will come to a slow crawl on the yaw function and it will not cease unless I shut everything down and restart it. I do have an outdoor WIFI antenna out in the vicinity of my launch area and I wonder if this is causing the problem and if there is a cure.

Thanks

Reactions: LoudThunder
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78