DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 - sample photos and videos

• Thread starter Deleted member 94047
  • Start date
Right, you can't really compare something with a half inch sensor size and a fixed aperture to something with a one inch sensor and variable aperture and expect the picture quality to match.
Everything I've read about the DJI sensors indicates the best IQ is pretty much wide open - it's not like a DSLR where a lens is stopped down to hit the sweet spot.
So IMHO the aperture is only a big deal for video as a control on frame rate. That can be addressed with ND filters.
The sensor size is a big deal - essentially they do tricks using a quad Bayer filter to get the 48mp. It's still really a 12mp at the core of it.
Whether the IQ is up to snuff - that's a personal decision.

Reactions: LivinLarge
I saw this and was thinking of getting a Mavic Air 2 myself, intending to grade in post as well. So, I thought I would give it a try and push the footage at least a little, and also keep it at 4K.

Here is the result:

I am really happy with how it turned out. I thought it was going to have to deal with more compression noise, but it was actually really nice. It might be different if I tried to bring the shadows up, but as long as you expose right, I think this is plenty good. I think I can personally get by on this and not need the 10-bit Dlog-M from the Mavic Pro 2.

There are more details in the video description. Please comment on the video if you have any feedback ^_^

Thanks,

Emma

• Love
Reactions: Tommy85
Okay, this is pretty silly, but so am I. So here is a comparison of two different grades of that same footage, in the styles of 2019 and 2020 XD

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore