DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 Stop in mid flight

Jolene Martin

Reactions
Today I was flying my mavic air 2 and it was about 1150 ft in the air and stops with no warning and falls breaking the gimbal and now i can't fly it. I will upload my flying log to see if anyone can help me and was wondering i can send this to dji so they can help me with it? Everything was fully charged.

Why on Earth were you flying at 1,150 feet!? In case you didn’t know, that‘s very illegal. Do you have your TRUST certificate? If not, see trust.pilotinstitute.com.

EYE.jpg

I really think he meant 1150 ft out, because of where he is located does not seem possible.
First thing comes to mind is the battery Disconnect , possible swollen battery , be interesting to see if im right about the flight.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

Reactions: dirkclod
Today I was flying my mavic air 2 and it was about 1150 ft in the air and stops with no warning and falls breaking the gimbal and now i can't fly it. I will upload my flying log to see if anyone can help me and was wondering i can send this to dji so they can help me with it? Everything was fully charged.
Sorry for the gifs but you can’t fly over 400’ AGL.

I really think he meant 1150 ft out, because of where he is located does not seem possible.
First thing comes to mind is the battery Disconnect , possible swollen battery , be interesting to see if im right about the flight.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.
Why does flying in Elma, WA somehow limit the available altitude? Is there some hard ceiling over that area? I've driven through there a few times and the sky actually did look real, not some artificial dome; even on the overcast days. And, as far as I know an Air 2 drone has no considerations for cloud layers or visibility (except of course APAS conditions).

My SWAG is the new pilot with a new drone launched, then headed for orbit. A local raptor was interested and took it out.

ps: more to the point of regs:

AMA summary:

Law:

Not read your links but 400’ AGL is the law. Is really simple

Reactions: old man mavic
... I will upload my flying log to see if anyone can help me and was wondering i can send this to dji so they can help me with it?
You better hurry up with sharing that flight log ... otherwise your thread will be filled up with tons of various useless speculations spanning from battery problems, birds, GPS KP indexes... all the way to tropical storms & meteorite collisions ;)

Go here --> DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help & upload your flight log & come back here & share the link they provide once uploaded. If you scroll down there on the same page they describe where you find the log in the mobile device (phone or tablet) you flew with. Without the log you will not get any useful help I'm afraid ...

And if you want to seek assistance from DJI for this incident go here --> DJI Online Repair Request ... but it can straighten your case if you first share your log here for a second opinion before you contact them.

Not read your links but 400’ AGL is the law. Is really simple
Of course, but Phil's comment implied there is some physical limitation in that area making flights to 1150' AGL/MSL impossible.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu