DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air 2 turning problem after firmware update.

TylerJma

Reactions
The new firmware update today had me very excited. Once it was downloaded and installed I got my drone and took it up and the first thing I noticed was when I turned the drone it banked instead of just rotating (which I prefer the regular rotate not the banking) before the update if it did that I would turn off obstacle avoidance and APAS and then it would go back to normal and not turn like that, but it wouldn’t go back to normal after doing the same stuff this time. I tried pretty much all the settings and nothing worked. I’m just wondering if anyone had anything similar? I’m sure there’s a good amount of people who like the banking turn but I’m not one of them and I hope there’s a way to turn it off. Thanks in advance for any help it’s greatly appreciated.

I am pretty confused by this question. But maybe you accidentally (or the update) adjusted the mode you control the drone with. As in Mode 1/2/3.

Attachments

• 805D0254-629E-43DA-B109-87C83546DA07.jpeg
    805D0254-629E-43DA-B109-87C83546DA07.jpeg
    60 KB · Views: 200
Reactions: Drone Master
Is it possible that you selected no side to side direction?
Check out this vid.

I am pretty confused by this question. But maybe you accidentally (or the update) adjusted the mode you control the drone with. As in Mode 1/2/3.
Sorry my bad it’s hard to explain but I’ll try better. When you are flying in a straight line at a normal speed and you turn the drone will normally continue spinning in place but keep going straight. When APAS is on (obstacle avoidance) and you try to repeat the same thing as above in a straight line instead of going straight when you turn the drone will bank like an airplane making a large turn (like the image I attached). So when I took my drone up and noticed the way it was flying I turned off obstacle avoidance thinking it would turn it back to normal but no setting will change it back. 9FB917A4-D314-4F78-A5DB-6577C3406328.jpeg9FB917A4-D314-4F78-A5DB-6577C3406328.jpeg

What you’re explaining is called FPV mode. Are you saying even when you switch to Follow Mode it still banks like a plane? Double check what flight mode your controller is set to.

Reactions: TylerJma
What you’re explaining is called FPV mode. Are you saying even when you switch to Follow Mode it still banks like a plane? Double check what flight mode your controller is set to.
I’m glad you understand I felt like I was going crazy. I tried changing it to follow mode and it’s still banking. Before the recent update it would only happen if APAS was enabled and when I turned it off it would fly like I want it to, but in the new firmware update when I shut off all forms of obstacle avoidance and still banks.

Hmmm, first thing I would do is redownload the firmware. I just flew and I didn’t notice mine doing that With the new firmware. try reinstalling it.

Isn’t FPV mode a gimbal setting? As in the gimbal doesn’t oppose the turn of the drone, it follows the bank, giving the impression in videos of more of a “flying like a plane” view. I think most fly in Follow. The gimbal counter turns the bank of the drone, keeping the horizon of the video more or less flat and level. But as an observer from the outside, I don’t think that you’d see a difference.

But yeah, the new Advance Gimbal Settings are pretty new. Adjusting one of the sliders can definitely seem odd. The ycan speed up or slow down the movements of the drone that we were used to pre-firmware update.

Not sure if DJI Fly has "fixed wing mode", maybe it's a hidden feature you accidentally turned on.

but in DJI Go4 this is what it looks like, is this similar to your experience ?

To to refresh the firmware on the MA2 have a look at this video, you'll have to use the DJI Assistant 2 method on the PC instead of using the DJI Fly app

Reactions: DavidM
Not sure if DJI Fly has "fixed wing mode", maybe it's a hidden feature you accidentally turned on.

but in DJI Go4 this is what it looks like, is this similar to your experience ?

To to refresh the firmware on the MA2 have a look at this video, you'll have to use the DJI Assistant 2 method

OMG YES THATS EXACTLY IT!! The way it turns is the exact same. I can’t believe you found a video ?

Reactions: itsneedtokno
I changed the mode a handful of times and it still doesn’t change it unfortunately
:( I’m just lost on what to do I appreciate your help.

The only real options are:
  • Uninstall DJI Fly and reinstall it
  • Refresh the AC and RC firmware using DJI Assistant 2 on the PC
  • Try the DJI Fly on a different phone, maybe even use an android phone

Reactions: TylerJma
I reinstalled the app but my next step I’m working on is refreshing the firmware and if that doesn’t work I’ll try another phone. I really appreciate all the help

Not happy to report they didn’t work :( I appreciate all the help I’m not sure where to go from here.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman