DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air 2 usb c port

Ashman

Reactions
Hi, I have a mavic air 2, can I use the USB c port on the side of the drone to transfer files to my ipad? I have tried, connect - power on drone, I've checked my ipad files and I've tried via opening the fly app but I can find the drone files. If not then what is the port on the drone for? Thanks for any help

I don't think this will work. It is much easier to use the PLAY icon in the Fly App with the drone powered up and connected to the Tx. Go to the photo album, select the images and press the white square in the lower center of the screen. This will download the files. Does not work for 4K video though.

I don't think this will work. It is much easier to use the PLAY icon in the Fly App with the drone powered up and connected to the Tx. Go to the photo album, select the images and press the white square in the lower center of the screen. This will download the files. Does not work for 4K video though.
Thanks, that’s the problem - that it doesn’t work for 4K, plus it’s slow, so I just decided not to be a tight arse and bought a card reader.

Thanks

Hi, I have a mavic air 2, can I use the USB c port on the side of the drone to transfer files to my ipad? I have tried, connect - power on drone, I've checked my ipad files and I've tried via opening the fly app but I can find the drone files. If not then what is the port on the drone for? Thanks for any help
You can use this USBc port to connect it to a laptop or computer. It will be recognized as a drive and you can grab all files and copy to you computer.

I got this little guy at walmart for under 20$. The first time you plug it into your ios or android device it directs you to load a very simple app. Card from drone can be viewed directly on, or copied to any device instantly.

Attachments

• 0ACD0590-CFEC-40F3-A594-F2361D6E85C2.jpeg
    0ACD0590-CFEC-40F3-A594-F2361D6E85C2.jpeg
    375.8 KB · Views: 41

May be a "no brainer" type question but wanted to be sure by asking how do you download 4K video onto your desktop computer? I presume remove the micro SD and transfer using a card reader, right? If not please advise, thanks.

Reactions: FatefulCaesar
May be a "no brainer" type question but wanted to be sure by asking how do you download 4K video onto your desktop computer? I presume remove the micro SD and transfer using a card reader, right? If not please advise, thanks.
Using a card reader is what I do however the drone could be connected to a PC via the USB port like pbrenner stated above. This way the internal memory could also be accessed.

New member here. I couldn't get my MacBook Pro to recognize the Air 2 whatsoever, either on the desktop or within Final Cut. I wound up just resorting to the SD card reader myself and saved on the headaches.

Thanks I've tried downloading that way too but as previously noted I'm not sure if 4K videos download via drone connection direct to the computers. I'll find out shortly as I'll be stepping out shortly and shoot some 4K video and see what happens during downloads both through micro SD card in the reader and also drone connected direct to the computer. I have my MA2 set to record to a 128GB micro SD card so there should not be anything on the drones' internal memory. Thanks again for your help.

Good to see the thread has people discussing the issue. I use an iPad Pro for photos and video content, the only way I have been able to download any of the content from my magic air 2 has been via a card reader, connecting the drone via a usb c cable simply doesn’t work in my instance.

@Ashman that seems odd you're able to retrieve photos and video content from your SD card only through the reader and not through direct plug into your drone. I'm using a 5 yrs. old, HP Pavilion 23, desktop computer running Windows 8 and can retrieve my photos and video via a USB-C plugged directly into the MA2 and/or via the drones' SD card inserted into a card reader. Sadly I'm not "tech savvy" enough to offer any useful information to solve the problem you're experiencing. I suspect there may be others here who have more knowledge or have resolved the same problem and can offer you some credible info or suggestions. The only issue I seem to have is opening files with video recorded in 4K @60fps. I suspect that's because my computer does not recognize the file format and/or my graphic card cannot process it. Still trying to figure that one out.

New member here. I couldn't get my MacBook Pro to recognize the Air 2 whatsoever, either on the desktop or within Final Cut.

Were you using a real USB-C cable, or were you using a "charge" cable?

One has all of the correct wires in place. The other simply carries voltage and amperage.

The only issue I seem to have is opening files with video recorded in 4K @60fps. I suspect that's because my computer does not recognize the file format and/or my graphic card cannot process it. Still trying to figure that one out.

Do you have an h.265 codec installed, or just h.264?

Reactions: pelagic_one
Do you have an h.265 codec installed, or just h.264?

Good question but sadly I have no idea. I do see those two different recording options on the MA2 and usually select h.264, although I do recall switching to h.265 once to see what the difference is. The next time I fly I'll do recordings in both to see which one my computer is having problems reading. Thanks, I didn't think of that as possibly being a possible cause of the problem; nonetheless, I'll find out after I do the recordings.

Were you using a real USB-C cable, or were you using a "charge" cable?

One has all of the correct wires in place. The other simply carries voltage and amperage.
AFAIK I was using a data cable, same one I use for my external SSD. Bought an $8 USB-C card reader and haven't worried about it since - though it would be nice if DJI patched the firmware.

Reactions: iaincaradoc
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scott911