DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 V01.01.0610 firmware.

Indeed. Sorry for misreading you. DJI definitely has a history of not always releasing the iOS & Android versions in lock step, and sometimes (as recently with the Hyperlapse Cruise Control) not even with feature parity. It's strange.
No worries my friend ? :) I fly my MA2 using a wi-fi only Mini iPad 5 but I also have a Samsung Galaxy S10 cell phone, so I could actually go either way with the Fly App (Android or iOS) but I prefer the iPad Mini because of the larger screen. Switching back and forth between iOS and Android systems is probably not a good idea. It might make my aircraft dizzy. o_O ??

I got message on my Fly app 1.2.2 that there is a FW update for my Mavic air 2. I have updated the drone, then I found out that I need to download app 1.2.4 from DJI site, which I did. I deinstald my app and downloaded and installed 1.2.4. Now my drone wont go left or right.
I am desperate!
Anyone has the same issue?
Hi guys,
Just to let you know, I solwed my problem. The fact is that new app has function 'disabled sideways flight' turned on by default. It is under obstacle avoidance options, when bypass is turned on. Just turnd it of and now it works normaly.

Second thing for all of you waiting DJI Fly app 1.2.4 on play store. It will NOT be available. (american Chinese political 'thing') You must go to DJI website and download it.

As you may or may not have noticed, Fly 1.2.4 for IOS is now on the App store.. Though you may have to check the app or refresh updates for it to show up on your device.

Hi guys,
Just to let you know, I solwed my problem. The fact is that new app has function 'disabled sideways flight' turned on by default. It is under obstacle avoidance options, when bypass is turned on. Just turnd it of and now it works normaly.

Second thing for all of you waiting DJI Fly app 1.2.4 on play store. It will NOT be available. (american Chinese political 'thing') You must go to DJI website and download it.
Not true for all users.

Is anyone else LED lighting inoperable after this update?
Define LED Lighting, the lights on the Motor Arms or the bottom Illumination LED? I have not seen this issue, if its indeed caused by the update, sounds like you may need to either use the Mavic Asst program to rollback or re-install the updated... Or open a ticket with DJI..

Reactions: sirocco40
I have just done mine now, not noticed a battery update. Certainly not when i swapped to other battery and checked. So its either updated with firmware and a glitch, or no update at all this time for battery.
If you update the firmware for the drone it does flash the drone and the battery in the same process. Now if you swap the battery with another one that is not upgraded and check again for firmware, it will show a battery update as being available.

are theese up dates worth doing?
Eventually you may need to for some added features or stability.. if you think things are working ok now, then fly on I guess.. Though some future OS update on your device or some other issue you may need to update. If you ever need support, one of the first things they'll probably ask is if you're up to date.

I have the latest updates on my MA2 and latest app, and did some flying yesterday since it was finally warm enough to do that.. No issues that I can tell,, all working well.. Why some have issues and others do not, hard to explain...

Flew my MA2 today for the first time in a few weeks, having updated the app and the firmware to the latest versions. Have to say all went like a dream. No issues and a fun hour.

Not only my drone won't go left or right, the app says it lost connection and no video, no option to RTH, nothing.. I can land it straight down and only back and forward motion works, no side motion. I emailed DJI - this seems to happen every time there is an update to the app until I get the new app - iOS 14.4, I have to delete the DJI Fly app and then reinstall - getting the drone update now, but why would the drone/app lose connection every time there is an update to the app?

Not only my drone won't go left or right, the app says it lost connection and no video, no option to RTH, nothing.. I can land it straight down and only back and forward motion works, no side motion. I emailed DJI - this seems to happen every time there is an update to the app until I get the new app - iOS 14.4, I have to delete the DJI Fly app and then reinstall - getting the drone update now, but why would the drone/app lose connection every time there is an update to the app?
Not having any issues here.. side motion can be a setting, when you install firmware, you have to check your settings in the app as they most likely were reset to defaults, or something other than you expect.

Worst cases, re-install firmware from the Assistant App.. I've never had to re-install the App, though for some it has reportedly cleared up issues.. The final possibility is to open a case with DJI, which perhaps you did with the email? Perhaps there is an hardware issue that needs to be diagnosed that might lead to replacement of some sort.

It is always good practice to make a note of all settings before updating firmware and then confirming them once the update is complete. Doesn’t matter if it’s a computer or a drone.

Define LED Lighting, the lights on the Motor Arms or the bottom Illumination LED? I have not seen this issue, if its indeed caused by the update, sounds like you may need to either use the Mavic Asst program to rollback or re-install the updated... Or open a ticket with DJI..
I have MA2 and after not flying for about two weeks. I updated the firmware and now the front Red LED and the rear LED marker lights are now inoperable.

I have MA2 and after not flying for about two weeks. I updated the firmware and now the front Red LED and the rear LED marker lights are now inoperable.
Sounds like your going to have to use the Mavic assistant to either downgrade the firmware or reinstall the current firmware, something did go wrong, all my LED indicators on 0610 work fine.. or open a case with DJI to have them work with you on the issue, or determine if something else is wrong..

Reactions: sirocco40
I hope this chills out, I got my MA2 4 days ago, between the phone, remote, drone.... something updates every single time I cut it on. Awesome drone though, HUGE upgrade from a Yuneec breeze that I had for 5 years...

are theese up dates worth doing?
Honestly since updating I have had issues. It’s a toss up whether you want the new features or reliable software. DJI software upgrades are like any other upgrades just wait and see type of relationship.

We're way past 1.2.4. if you go into the App Store and search for DJI Fiy, you will probably get an update button to V1.3.0
v1.3.1 came out today for iOS.....

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000