DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

micahreimerfilms

Reactions

I just got a Mavic Air 2 brand new from Amazon, and I'm having issues with some weird unwanted video compression/codec, and also getting grain/noise while shooting in broad daylight. You can see it if you look closely at the tree foliage. I shot this in particular clip in 4K, but this problem occurs in any resolution, framerate, codec, or file type (I've tested every possible Mavic video setting variable). You can see the difference most clearly in the side by side comparison (left is 4k video, right is a still photo). What do you guys think the problem is and how can I fix this? Or does this footage look normal to you?

Mavic compression:noise comparison.png

I would appreciate any help, because I'm trying to determine if I need to return the Mavic if it's defective somehow. Thanks!

Link to download the RAW clip & photo: drive.google.com/drive/folders/1hSKdf-io1A7kWcN-9FuRzYqsMVH4936f?usp=sharing.

I just got a Mavic Air 2 brand new from Amazon, and I'm having issues with some weird unwanted video compression/codec, and also getting grain/noise while shooting in broad daylight. You can see it if you look closely at the tree foliage. I shot this in particular clip in 4K, but this problem occurs in any resolution, framerate, codec, or file type (I've tested every possible Mavic video setting variable). You can see the difference most clearly in the side by side comparison (left is 4k video, right is a still photo). What do you guys think the problem is and how can I fix this? Or does this footage look normal to you?

View attachment 103937

I would appreciate any help, because I'm trying to determine if I need to return the Mavic if it's defective somehow. Thanks!

Link to download the RAW clip & photo: drive.google.com/drive/folders/1hSKdf-io1A7kWcN-9FuRzYqsMVH4936f?usp=sharing.
That ain’t normal. I’d send that right back. I’m flying a MA2 now and the footage looks great.

Welcome to the forum from the woods of Maine!
I agree, there is something wrong with your camera/transmission.

I'm having the same problem: purchased directly from DJI last week and can't figure out how to get good quality. In broad daylight with no filter I'm getting a ton of noise/grain. Oddly enough the still pictures and HDR mode look fine, but the Cinelike profile is super grainy.

I'm having the same issue with D-Cinelike being really noisy and pictures being clear. I should try another mode for my video and see if that changes anything.

Here's a crop of one of my videos. Look at how noisy the trees are in bright daylight (You need to download it because google's compression messes with it even more):

Last edited:
I think I have the same issue & was very disappointed with the quality of my new drone with my previous Mavic Air flying first time 4K60 & using d-cinelike ...see here ; 4K60 & best settings

D-cinelike is always worse in terms of noise but in this case is a strange and abonormal type of noise. Try in normal mode and test if ypu can see differences. In general, If you use dcinelke you have to put some noise reduction. I suggest Da Vinci resolve studio, with a minimal temporal denoise you can reach splendid results....

@Gastone360
Thanks for the tip, that actually worked pretty well. I'm pretty new to this whole thing but managed to get some rather crisp looking results in Davinci Resolve. Is the noise unique to D-Cinelike or is that common across flat color profiles in general?

@Gastone360
Thanks for the tip, that actually worked pretty well. I'm pretty new to this whole thing but managed to get some rather crisp looking results in Davinci Resolve. Is the noise unique to D-Cinelike or is that common across flat color profiles in general?

Noise is quite common in flat profile because that profile tends to preserve and enhance dynamic range. Flat profile is the only way to color grade your footage. Normal profile is quite ready to work and in this case I don't suggest to color grade if you are in normal because you don't have margins in color correction...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair