DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 wont connect after firmware update

Reactions
Flew fine earlier today, and on return I saw there was a firmware update so did that through the app. Installed successfully, now my galaxy s7 wont connect to the controller. Tried changing cable, reinstalling Fly app, phone restart. Nothing works. Previously when connecting the cable to the phone the Fly app would automatically start up, now it doesn't. Must be a firmware issue as it worked fine earlier today! Is there a way to roll back the firmware? Is there a guide how to do that on here somewhere? TIA

Flew fine earlier today, and on return I saw there was a firmware update so did that through the app. Installed successfully, now my galaxy s7 wont connect to the controller. Tried changing cable, reinstalling Fly app, phone restart. Nothing works. Previously when connecting the cable to the phone the Fly app would automatically start up, now it doesn't. Must be a firmware issue as it worked fine earlier today! Is there a way to roll back the firmware? Is there a guide how to do that on here somewhere? TIA
Before doing that try the update again with the Assistant 2 , you can roll back using that method.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2 in the Rain and Float on Water.

Flew fine earlier today, and on return I saw there was a firmware update so did that through the app. Installed successfully, now my galaxy s7 wont connect to the controller.
I never update via the app, always via DJI assistant.
Doesn't help you this time, but you can make sure there isn't a next time.
I saw that update yesterday, but won't touch it until I hear more about it.

Ok so I downloaded Assistant 2, ran it and re uploaded the new firmware V01.00.0460. Uninstalled and reinstalled the Fly app V1.2.1 but still it wont connect to my phone. Within Assistant 2 I am able to use the training app so the controller and drone must be connected, just not the phone. Seems too much of a coincidence this happened right after a firmware update. Any other things I could try? Cannot get in touch with DJI on live chat. Is there a way to roll back the firmware version?

An update on this, I replaced the cable between phone and controller and now everyting is working ok. I'm convinced the OTA firmware update must have shorted the original cable as I had flown without issue 15 minutes before I performed the upgrade. Just noticed today there's a new OTA update...guess who wont be updating!

• Haha
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
An update on this, I replaced the cable between phone and controller and now everyting is working ok. I'm convinced the OTA firmware update must have shorted the original cable as I had flown without issue 15 minutes before I performed the upgrade. Just noticed today there's a new OTA update...guess who wont be updating!
A firmware from DJI shorting out a cable is top secret tech, , ? glad you got this working,
The new update for the SC should be an easy one according to the Forum notes posted so far.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143