DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2

Moz1960

Reactions
I have a Mavic Air 2 and before I start flying I have a strong connection but once the drone is above 25 feet with a clear line of sight and nothing blocking the drone, I get the message "aircraft not connected," "RC signal lost" ,
"image tramsmission signal may be blocked. Position remote controller to face aircraft & adjust antennas for optimal signal strength or fly at higher altitude"

Has anyone experienced this problem or know how to solve it?

🤞I have not experienced that. Sorry to hear (I have a MA2 too). Others here will come to your rescue. Good luck.

I have a Mavic Air 2 and before I start flying I have a strong connection but once the drone is above 25 feet with a clear line of sight and nothing blocking the drone, I get the message "aircraft not connected," "RC signal lost" ,
"image tramsmission signal may be blocked. Position remote controller to face aircraft & adjust antennas for optimal signal strength or fly at higher altitude"

Have you cleared your phone of all other apps before turning on the Go Fly App? Is bluetooth turned off ? These two things has caused connection interruptions

Always be sure controller is pointed directly at drone.
If drone is directly overhead and controller is pointing horizontal signal may get weak.
Is there any electronics around you?
Did you purchase the controller & drone together?
HAVE YOU TRIED TO RE-CONNECT CONTROLLER TO DRONE?
LINK DRONE TO CONTROLLER AIR 2
1)Be sure Phone is plugged into controller.
2)Turn controller & drone on.
3)Hold down function button, camera button and trigger button till controller beeps.
4)Hold drone button down 4-5 seconds and drone will beep.
5)Both should be linked.

Is this the 1st time flying at this location. Have you tried to go to another location ? Or you can try what

HeavenBound suggest to do . Good luck . Keep update

Worth linking to a different remote. Might be the only way to determine if the problem is the drone or remote. Could test fly without the phone connected too (VLOS), just be sure drone lights flash green to insure good gps before takeoff. If the problem was interference you should have gotten an on screen warning.

I always do the following before flying my Air 2 with my phone in the RC:

1. Put phone into airplane mode
2. Shutdown / close all apps on the phone
3. Clear all notifications (probably not necessary but I do it anyway)

If you stay below 25' but fly out horizontally a few hundred feet staying below 25', do you still get the problem?

Reactions: BetterBizWorks
Have you cleared your phone of all other apps before turning on the Go Fly App? Is bluetooth turned off ? These two things has caused connection interruptions
AAcHTtfdfvpAiGZkCCfeMDBIbXxcZJpDrkGCNyiztDZWBTzF=s80-p-mo

Peter Marcon​

11:07 AM (4 hours ago)
to MavicPilots.com

I tried two other locations with the same results. The rear drone lights are flashing green and the front flashers are solid red. The RC connection just keeps going in and out. It seems to be ok up to about 45-50 feet but then for no reason I lose connection. Could it be that the controller itself is faulty?

Reactions: antonebear
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne