DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air - Android.

hornyhobbit

Reactions
Has anyone use the new Mavic Air with an Android device ?
If so is there such a thing as a list of comparable devices.
I don't want to go down the Apple route if I can help it.

Has anyone use the new Mavic Air with an Android device ?
If so is there such a thing as a list of comparable devices.
I don't want to go down the Apple route if I can help it.
If you currently do not have a device, then why not get IOS?

Reactions: hornyhobbit
App crashes on IOS? If you can get an ipad mini 2 or ipad air 2 ... it's the way to go.. andriod sucks... I've had 3 and they are unpredictable in my opinion. Good luck

Reactions: hornyhobbit
I'm in same boat, I bought an iPad Mini2 specifically for P3p (and don't use it for anything else), but am guessing this will not run Go4 app smoothly, also not sure it will fit in the Mavic Air remote. List linked looks to be for original Go app not Go4, which I understand is heavier on CPU as I understand the visual tracking is all done within the app/mobile device.

My smartphone is an old Samsung S5 android phone which I also suspect may not work well enough for the app, I'd prefer to have a dedicated 7-8" android tablet for a mavic air (and use smartphone as backup device in a pinch), but hard to know what will work well.

I use a Sony Xperia for flying my drones (Air and Pro), so Android. I bought it just for that use, nothing else. It has never crashed.

I have a Samsung S8+ that I use for phone etc and while that is no doubt a far better device, I wanted something dedicated for drone-only use.

I have had every iPhone from the first through to 7 so very familiar with iOS and I'm sure it will be fine. I switched to Android because I relocated from the UK to Portugal but my Business is still in the UK, so rather than carry two phones, I went with something that has a dual sim. I'm finding Android every bit as good as iOS.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flonke