DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air arm snapped

I got everything put back together and it flies perfect except for the right vision sensor doesn’t work. I tried to solder it but it didn’t seem to work. Any tips?
I am not exactly sure what it does but it has 4 leads that need to be connected to each solder pad. It is possible that one of them was torn off.

If you can find a scrap MA core board, one of those components can be recovered via on-air rework.. Then you should solder it back on and the vision calibration should work fine again..

I am not exactly sure what it does but it has 4 leads that need to be connected to each solder pad. It is possible that one of them was torn off.

If you can find a scrap MA core board, one of those components can be recovered via on-air rework.. Then you should solder it back on and the vision calibration should work fine again..
I have the small black box still. I do see one of the metal pieces might be broken. I will try and see if I can find another one. I also need to get a micro soldering kit

Hey OP, glad you were able to fix it yourself. For anyone else wanting to do some surgery, I suggest taking a series of pictures or video of each step before taking apart. It is really handy to refer to when you can't remember which wire goes where.

Reactions: Curtismqt
Hey OP, glad you were able to fix it yourself. For anyone else wanting to do some surgery, I suggest taking a series of pictures or video of each step before taking apart. It is really handy to refer to when you can't remember which wire goes where.
Definitely do this! Great tip!

I have the small black box still. I do see one of the metal pieces might be broken. I will try and see if I can find another one. I also need to get a micro soldering kit
It is tiny! It was easiest for me to to the re-soldered work with the motherboard out. I happen to have a decent Hakko soldering station with a reasonably fine tip. A magnifying lens or microscope is almost a must.

Best of luck.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman