DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air arm snapped

Curtismqt

Reactions
My drone crashed today and the right rear arm broke. I can’t find anywhere that labels what this part is called. Has 4 screws and seems to be a bracket that holds the arm. I can snap it back in and it holds fine. Because of this I’m wondering if JB welding it back into place could work? When I did snap it back into place it took off just fine and was able to fly.
1B250CD7-2B75-4769-98CF-32FACE0061A8.jpeg

Reactions: DDS
Agree, repair/replace it, don’’t glue it.

No telling what the glue will do to the plastic of the drone, it’s a potentially moving and stressed area, and you could get the glue in many places where it could make the problem worse... not to mention necessary angles and what might happen when the glue inevitably fails.

send it in if you'd like we pay shipping both ways
the last thing you need is the arm dismounting mid flight

we inspect it for free and quote the repair

if u approve the repair we fix it and if not we send back your drone

use coupon mavicpilots for $35 off the repair

click here to submit a ticket

Also

Welcome to the forum! if you ask they will answer

yeah, available on Amazon too SHAFT
But if it were me I would opt for a qualified service like DJIDroneservice above. I'm not willing to try to save a few dollars on a $1k piece of gear and risk it failing at 100ft and destroying the entire aircraft. Just me.

Reactions: Curtismqt
Thank you for all the quick feed back. DJI Drone Service thank you for your quick response, I have opened a ticket and will go that route.

Last edited:
From what I recall there is no difference between left and right. This will work.

To replace you will have to remove the rear motor arm which will include de-soldering the motor control wires from the power controll board.

This job requires small Phillips and torx drivers so have an assortment such as an electronics hobby kit ready. A small plastic pry-tool and fine tweezers go a long way as well.

You will have to:
- remove top cover (there may be 2 screws above the gimbal) and the grey 'dji' sticker at the back.
- remove the upper housing screws and pop off the upper housing.
- remove many components from the core motherboard (antenna leads, gimbal and vision connectors etc... but you can leave the GPS connected).
- carefully lift up the motherboard and put aside, now you should be able to see the power control board.
- get a decent solder iron and electronics-safe flux and remove the 3 leads of the damaged arm.
Remove the arm, replace the pivot shaft and re-assemble.

From what I recall there is no difference between left and right. This will work.

To replace you will have to remove the rear motor arm which will include de-soldering the motor control wires from the power controll board.

This job requires small Phillips and torx drivers so have an assortment such as an electronics hobby kit ready. A small plastic pry-tool and fine tweezers go a long way as well.

You will have to:
- remove top cover (there may be 2 screws above the gimbal) and the grey 'dji' sticker at the back.
- remove the upper housing screws and pop off the upper housing.
- remove many components from the core motherboard (antenna leads, gimbal and vision connectors etc... but you can leave the GPS connected).
- carefully lift up the motherboard and put aside, now you should be able to see the power control board.
- get a decent solder iron and electronics-safe flux and remove the 3 leads of the damaged arm.
Remove the arm, replace the pivot shaft and re-assemble.
Could I just take off the four screws and cut the wire. Put on the new part and reattach the three wire without taking it all apart?

Could I just take off the four screws and cut the wire. Put on the new part and reattach the three wire without taking it all apart?
That is not recommended, I don't think there is enough room to reliably re-connect the wires. That said, if you want to give it a shot the only thing you will have to replace is the rear arm assembly. Your choice.

That is not recommended, I don't think there is enough room to reliably re-connect the wires. That said, if you want to give it a shot the only thing you will have to replace is the rear arm assembly. Your choice.
Yeah that’s what I was thinking. I wish they would have made a connection there for the wires so you could unplug them. It would make changing out the arms so much easier.

Why couldn’t they have added this to each arm? You could then take off the two screws and unclip the wires and change out the whole arm.
5CFC3CF3-1C06-4DED-8329-76D2A911E6C0.png

Why couldn’t they have added this to each arm? You could then take off the two screws and unclip the wires and change out the whole arm.
View attachment 79586
My guess is they didn't want any warranty issues from bad connectors to such a high amp-draw and critical component as the motor. Solid solder connection took priority over ease of repair here.

Oh crap, I have done the same thing and it is a PITA.

It is a critical component for the video feed of the forward vision systems and will need to be replaced or re-soldered. There is not much room but is fine for anyone with a micro-solder station and tools. One of these components can be taken from a donor board if needed..assuming available.

Sorry man.

Oh crap, I have done the same thing and it is a PITA.

It is a critical component for the video feed of the forward vision systems and will need to be replaced or re-soldered. There is not much room but is fine for anyone with a micro-solder station and tools. One of these components can be taken from a donor board if needed..assuming available.

Sorry man.
I got everything put back together and it flies perfect except for the right vision sensor doesn’t work. I tried to solder it but it didn’t seem to work. Any tips?

Thanks everyone for responding and helping me. I was able to repair both rear arm axis and it’s flying again. Just need to fix the tiny black box I knocked off the motherboard to fix the front right vision sensor.

Attachments

• B1DFF8EA-B446-41F6-8FB6-6D3A84977B53.jpeg
    B1DFF8EA-B446-41F6-8FB6-6D3A84977B53.jpeg
    319.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 3A61D5FD-89E9-42A1-8C67-8C48ACD29191.jpeg
    3A61D5FD-89E9-42A1-8C67-8C48ACD29191.jpeg
    200.7 KB · Views: 16
Reactions: Me_XMan
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics