DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air backpack

mad monkey

Reactions
Hey all, I'm looking into possibly getting a backpack to carry my MA.

I have a waterproof hardcase for daily storage but I'm thinking I'd like something for those times when a case isn't convenient. Nothing super expensive since it's a once and a while thing. It also doesn't have to be hardcase or anything since I've got that covered for travel.

I'm a prime member too so shipping is covered if it's amazon lol

Those are for pro's. Thanks for the suggestion tho!

The air comes with a nice travel case and controller has removable sticks, so it's already easy just toss into any random bag.

Why don't you toss those in a backpack? That way, you can also carry water, sandwiches, and other necessities.

I have the Mavic Pro. That one doesn't include cases.

I use a photo hatchback by Lowe pro. Everything fits (fly more combo + another battery. And a little room for extras.

It’s not a solution for hiking, not enough room for essentials, but it works for walks around the city.

Reactions: mad monkey
I also think about backpack just for mavic but i end with fly more bag which perfectly fit inside to every of my backpacks if volume is at least about 20l. So i can take mavic air fly more combo, camera, water, etc..

Also i like this fly more bag as perfect starting base when there is grass, dirty road etc.

If you want it for short one day trip get some 15.6 laptop Wenger backpack, put FMC and other stuffs inside and you have durable bag and drone is protected by bag and by original FMC bag.
I have this Wenger bag for years and it survived lot of trips without any damage.

Unless you need to carry 10+ batteries and loads of spare props, buying a backpack specifically for the Mavic Air just seems a bit wasteful to me. It's tiny so you can stick it in another bag with other stuff. I think that's why even the standard pack comes with a small hard case for the quad.

That being said, I think general photography bags are going to be your best bet. They're well padded, and frequently have features like water proofing and customizable compartments. Which style you go for is really going to depend on how much other stuff you need to carry.

Reactions: mad monkey
If you're ok with a small sling/waist pack I recommend the Peak Design Everyday Sling 5L. It *perfectly* fits the Air (In it's hard case), 1-3 batteries, remote, memory cards, all charging hardware, and filters OR instead of the charging hardware, 3 batteries + room to spare (if you're on a hike or something you just need batteries, not the chargers). It's made very well and is water resistant. Nobody will even bat an eye if you use it as your second carry on / personal item on a flight either as it's smaller than your average purse.

I'm not home right now so I can't take a picture of mine but here is how perfectly it all fits:

094156t61806vdfh2yzad2.jpg

Reactions: CemAygun
I've been eyeballing a lowepro sling bag. I would remove/cover the logo since camera bags can attract unwanted attention.
I agree buying a mavic specific bag is silly.

I've been eyeballing a lowepro sling bag. I would remove/cover the logo since camera bags can attract unwanted attention.
I've been using a Lowepro Slingshot bag for about 12 years now, they certainly have my vote (although the styles you can get now give much more space for additional stuff). When you swing them around to access the camera compartment, they give you a handy "shelf" where you can put down your device without needing to put it on the floor. It's most useful for changing lenses on SLR cameras, but I can see it being useful for changing filters on a drone.

I've been using a Lowepro Slingshot bag for about 12 years now, they certainly have my vote (although the styles you can get now give much more space for additional stuff). When you swing them around to access the camera compartment, they give you a handy "shelf" where you can put down your device without needing to put it on the floor. It's most useful for changing lenses on SLR cameras, but I can see it being useful for changing filters on a drone.
I've been looking at the slingshot "202" or something
Being able to pull drone out without having to bend down etc is very handy for me. (shattered a few bones a year ago and mobility isn't my friend yet)

If you guys are looking at the Lowepro Slingshots (I have owned many of those bags before for Photography), the Peak Design Everyday Sling 5L is better and a more perfect fit, in my opinion. Check out the photo above. The option to use it as a waist belt is also very handy especially for hiking or if you need to also wear a backpack. It even holds a small tablet if needed:

Everyday Sling 5L

I just found this bag slightly used online.... I'm really thinking of getting my hands on it!
Not exactly a camera bag but has lots of options available

5.11 Tactical Series Rush 10 Mobile Operation Attachment Bag, Sandstone, One Size https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B004D1R7XK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_8e6xBb9D85024

Also the price I'm looking at is no where near that much money

Going for the peak design sling one. I got the 10l version, fit my DSLR with the lens attached and an additional one. The Mavic Air in his case with another battery, charger and other stuff. Not cheap but amazing quality. I had a couple of bag since I owned the Mavic Pro and this one has been the best so far. Can add picture if requested. Now looking at the smaller version for the drone alone :) like that picture canadadrone

Reactions: CanadaDrone
I’d totally buy a Mavic Air specific bag that carries the basics & 3 battery packs. It would be a smaller pack & super light weight.

Heck you’d think all the companies that make DJI backpacks would make a foam insert that pops in and out to accommodate the Mavic Air Fly More combo ;)

I just bought via auction a 5.11 Tactical Rush 12 bag.

Black.

Has everything a person could need for drone carrying Since the MA has its own case I think this will work good...

Best part is its a $145 bag I got for half price!

This should be fun

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+