DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Bags... what are you using to carry your drone?

BenJieMing

Reactions
Just wondered what you are all using to carry your drone around in?

When I got my drone I chose to purchase accessories separately because of the bad reviews of the fly more bag. So I got the PGYTECH hard shell case which has served me well. Just now I have a power bank and more filters so I can't fit it all in.

What's your opinion?

pgytech-carrying-case-for-mavic-air2.jpg
pgytech-carrying-case-for-mavic-air4.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: W2EJ
Hi,

I also use a PGYTECH Hard Case and have the same problem as you do...

Either cut some foam from the hard case and put your powebank somewhere over there or get those tools cases (with no tools in it) generally Aluminium Color ones, get some foam and cut it as you need it.

You can also use it as a ground station :)

Reactions: BenJieMing
Hi,

I also use a PGYTECH Hard Case and have the same problem as you do...

Either cut some foam from the hard case and put your powebank somewhere over there or get those tools cases (with no tools in it) generally Aluminium Color ones, get some foam and cut it as you need it.

You can also use it as a ground station :)

Thanks for your suggestion. My problem is because i regularly fly i need to take in in a shoulder bag that accompanies my carry-on rucksack.

I'm starting to look at the Mavic 2 bag as this looks a little larger and i like the leather-look style

Oh and it will fit inside my carry on bag if needs be and I’m on a short trip and only allowed one bag total .

That PGYTECH looks very nice. Compact and can hold all the original Air package... you don't have in the bag the monitor for remote. The good thing about the remote is that you don't need to unscrew the joysticks when it is in the bag.

I use the "Fly more" bag purchased with the Fly more kit. Fits pretty much everything i need including extras and fits the MA in there too, safely, if you pack it right.
My phone is offline at the moment, will post photos if any one wants- when i can.
I travel extensively with it and its great cos its not bulky and too professional looking that it attracts attention from customs or security in some places....

Attachments

• Mavic-Air-in-fly-more-bag-1024x580.jpg
    Mavic-Air-in-fly-more-bag-1024x580.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 99
From the pictures, I really like the PGYTECH case posted above.

That said, I generally use one of 3 things

1 - The fly more bag that came with it. It fits all I need and works great to fit everything, including the Ipad mini I normally use (sometimes use a phone) I don't love the protection for the drone
2 - The Mavic Pro fly more bag. I use this when staying local. I like that I can keep the Air in it's own hard case and put it in the bag. I then have room for controller, extra batteries, filters, spare props, etc. I don't get to put the AC Adapter or Ipad mini in it (I leave my older iphone in the bag so I always have something to fly with). Last trip I actually took this bag with me and threw the AC adpater in my luggage and my ipad in the carry on
3 - I have a small hard shell that fits only the bird and controller. I grab this when I'm out and about and am not planning on flying but want to have it with me "just in case". Doesn't even fit extra batteries or anything, but easy to through in a backpack if I'm hiking or anything.

Just wondered what you are all using to carry your drone around in?

When I got my drone I chose to purchase accessories separately because of the bad reviews of the fly more bag. So I got the PGYTECH hard shell case which has served me well. Just now I have a power bank and more filters so I can't fit it all in.

What's your opinion?

pgytech-carrying-case-for-mavic-air2.jpg
pgytech-carrying-case-for-mavic-air4.jpg
I bought a Photography Bag and I can carry everything tha came with the Mavic Air combo in their originals bags work for me.15450824794532032142563.jpg

Peak Design Everyday Sling 5L - pretty much purpose built for the Air Fly More combo, and you can even keep it in the included hard case for extra protection.

There is also a compartment along the back for a small tablet (iPad Mini or similar), and it is completely flat if nothing is in it.

Plenty of extra room in dedicated compartments for filters / cables, power bank (depending on size) etc.

As an added bonus you can wear it as a hip belt (basically a fanny pack) or a sling. It also has waterproof fabric and moisture protected zippers. Personally I wear it on my waist and swing it around back while hiking - I barely even know it's there.

Not my pic but I have the identical setup:

094156t61806vdfh2yzad2.jpg

I prefer a hard case, I purchased the Avalanche 4800 from Harbor Freight. That is the larger of the 3 they offer and a reasonable price.

I just received this one today.. fits my M2 and goggles plus batteries, use the computer area for landing mat.. like it!

Endurax ShellX P01 Extra Large Camera Backpack Hardshell Protection for DSLR Camera Gear or DJI Phantom 3/4, Mavic Pro, 2 Sets of Divider Included

61zgPKgKVoL._SL1200_.jpg

I use a Peak Design 10L sling. It carries my Air, all the gear plus iPad, 3 extra batteries, DLSR plus extra lens and a tripod. Love it.
e3b50d423d83611854196f529bbbd900.jpg

Peak Design Everyday Sling 5L - pretty much purpose built for the Air Fly More combo, and you can even keep it in the included hard case for extra protection.

There is also a compartment along the back for a small tablet (iPad Mini or similar), and it is completely flat if nothing is in it.

Plenty of extra room in dedicated compartments for filters / cables, power bank (depending on size) etc.

As an added bonus you can wear it as a hip belt (basically a fanny pack) or a sling. It also has waterproof fabric and moisture protected zippers. Personally I wear it on my waist and swing it around back while hiking - I barely even know it's there.

Not my pic but I have the identical setup:

094156t61806vdfh2yzad2.jpg

Really like the look of that bag... looks a perfect size.

Looks like I could get my drone power bank in there too, especially as I don't usually carry the power cables in my drone bag

Really like the look of that bag... looks a perfect size.

Looks like I could get my drone power bank in there too, especially as I don't usually carry the power cables in my drone bag

I am a bag hoarder (for both drones and camera gear) and it is my favorite bag along with the 10L version of the exact same thing which is even more versatile. According to the manufacturer they were designed with DJI's drones in mind. There is another compartment on the front so you could probably even get those extra cables in there if you wanted, or slip them in the tablet slot.

That 5L will even fit a Mavic Pro/Platinum. You need to move to the 10L to fit the Mavic 2 vertically as it is just a touch too tall. But the Air/Spark are perfect for the 5L.

Build quality is also as good as it gets and of course has a lifetime warranty. I'm not affiliated with them in any way but I am a huge fan of their products and I have gone through A LOT of bags over the years, everything from cheap LowePro's to $400+ USD F-Stop bags. As an added bonus (for me anyway) Amazon Canada sells them so I don't have to order from a US website and pay shipping/duties, etc. For US residents I believe shipping is free directly from them.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allen25