DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Batteries

I don't think you can "judge" the cost of the battery against the phenomenal deal you got from Wally World. Just take the $$ you saved on the Wally Deal and use it to buy batteries from a reliable source. Don't skimp on the batteries . . . . They are a Single Failure Point....

I realize that and appreciate your input.

I was just hoping someone might have a lead on these batteries that are either on sale or clearance...as I saw the one for a Pro at $45 on clearance at a local store and hoped I might find something similar for the Air. As the cheapest I have found them are around $85 or so.

As for the deal, yep, I only did this for the deal LOL! I already have a NIB DJI 1 (?) and I let my SIL use/have the DJI 3 to help out on his videography.

Anyway, thank you again!

Reactions: BigAl07
I realize that and appreciate your input.

I was just hoping someone might have a lead on these batteries that are either on sale or clearance...as I saw the one for a Pro at $45 on clearance at a local store and hoped I might find something similar for the Air. As the cheapest I have found them are around $85 or so.

As for the deal, yep, I only did this for the deal LOL! I already have a NIB DJI 1 (?) and I let my SIL use/have the DJI 3 to help out on his videography.

Anyway, thank you again!

Mavic Pro battery for $45? Is it a chain store? I'm in the market for some MPP batteries and locally I can only find them around $100ea grrrrrrrrr

Yes, it's Target BUT very few in stock...

Thank you. I just checked our local one and they aren't on sale "yet". Appreciate the info :)

So I got around to checking the voltages and polarity of the battery connections on the dissected Mavic Air Battery pack.

Polarity.
Position 1: +ve terminal for Cell 1
Position 2: -ve terminal for Cell 1
Position 3: +ve terminal for Cell 2
Position 4: -ve terminal for Cell 2
Position 5: +ve terminal for Cell 3
Position 6: -ve terminal for Cell 3

Tested the cell voltages:
Cell 1 at 1.362V
Cell 2 at 0.713V
Cell 3 at 1.895V
Measuring 3.968V across 1&6

So time to make and install a balance plug and individually charge each cell back up to 3.5V or so (at about 0.1A charge rate).
Hello, your comment was very useful to me, I have a damaged battery that has not been used for a long time and the cells are exhausted (the battery is in hibernation, but does not respond and does not wake up with the charger, and does not light up) how can I charge the cells, like jump the board ? i want to increase the voltage in the cells and hopefully wake up my battery that way. can you advise how to do this?

So I got around to checking the voltages and polarity of the battery connections on the dissected Mavic Air Battery pack.

Polarity.

Cell 1 at 1.362V
Cell 2 at 0.713V
Cell 3 at 1.895V

So time to make and install a balance plug and individually charge each cell back up to 3.5V or so (at about 0.1A charge rate).
accidentally shorted pin 5 and 6 and spark came out? have I damaged the board?

Polarity.

Cell 1 at 1.362V
Cell 2 at 0.713V
Cell 3 at 1.895V

when you charge your batteries, do you need cp2112or similar chip to unlock it ?

According to the specs on the back casing of the battery, these are 3 cell LiHV batteries. (LiHV or HVLi = High Voltage Lithium Polymer)
LiHV can be charged to 4.35v per cell vs. standard LiPo's 4.2V (Nominal Voltages per cell are 3.85 and 3.7V respectively as well)

I know there are a ton of B6 balance cables which are online, but I am wondering if they truly are balance chargers or does the "intelligent" battery control the balancing?
Does anyone have a Pin Out layout for the Mavic Air Battery?

I ask as I do RC Cars and Trucks using Lipo and when you over discharge a battery, most "balance" chargers refuse to charge them when below a certain threshold. The un-official repair is to slowly charge the battery's main output as a NiMH battery at very low amperage until the overall voltage in the cells has increased above that threshold for the balance charger to take over.

Wtyczka.jpeg

I did find this online, but it does not say if all 4 +ve pins get 13V input/output?
All 4 grounds are supposedly tied together (may as well be one pin), but are the 4 +ve connections separate or 3 cells (each at 4.4V max) and one combined output (11.55V)? Or are the 4 +ve each at combined output?
If the latter then the "Intelligence is doing the balance charging and you would need to pry the whole GD thing apart to correct the cell V balance externally...

Again As I stated in my intro on the forum, I received my used Mavic with 2 dead batteries... Just wondering...

According to the specs on the back casing of the battery, these are 3 cell LiHV batteries. (LiHV or HVLi = High Voltage Lithium Polymer)
LiHV can be charged to 4.35v per cell vs. standard LiPo's 4.2V (Nominal Voltages per cell are 3.85 and 3.7V respectively as well)

I know there are a ton of B6 balance cables which are online, but I am wondering if they truly are balance chargers or does the "intelligent" battery control the balancing?
Does anyone have a Pin Out layout for the Mavic Air Battery?

I ask as I do RC Cars and Trucks using Lipo and when you over discharge a battery, most "balance" chargers refuse to charge them when below a certain threshold. The un-official repair is to slowly charge the battery's main output as a NiMH battery at very low amperage until the overall voltage in the cells has increased above that threshold for the balance charger to take over.

Wtyczka.jpeg

I did find this online, but it does not say if all 4 +ve pins get 13V input/output?
All 4 grounds are supposedly tied together (may as well be one pin), but are the 4 +ve connections separate or 3 cells (each at 4.4V max) and one combined output (11.55V)? Or are the 4 +ve each at combined output?
If the latter then the "Intelligence is doing the balance charging and you would need to pry the whole GD thing apart to correct the cell V balance externally...

Again As I stated in my intro on the forum, I received my used Mavic with 2 dead batteries... Just wondering...
Pin SDA +SCL ???

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S