DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Battery: Is this legit??

travishozi

Reactions
Hi Everyone,

I have ordered an extra battery for my Mavic Air about a week ago. I live in Alberta, Canada, and since my local Bestbuy stores were out of stock, I thought I could give my good ol' Amazon a try, with their free two-day shipping.

Upon receiving the battery, I was quite happy since it looked original and from DJI itself. Came in original packaging and even tried it on my Mavic Air, let it update firmware (it automatically did so for about 5-10min), and flew it just briefly for about 39 seconds before I landed.

I haven't taken it out to fly it for a full 15-17min yet because something actually caught my attention this morning:

I noticed that the three original mavic air batteries I got from the fly more combo had their safety labels located on the bottom surface of the batteries. This one however, has these same safety labels on the side. I also noticed that the QR code image is slightly larger on this as well....

Did I purchase a counterfeit Mavic air battery??? or is this something uncommon that I shouldn't worry too much? I'm very careful with all my electronics and wouldn't want to crash my drone for using a third-party product.

I purchased this directly from Amazon and paid full price for it, so I assumed it was the real deal. This is the current listing: https://www.amazon.ca/DJI-Mavic-Int...=merchant-items&ie=UTF8&qid=1547504121&sr=1-9
Quite honestly, still seems like it's the original battery but I just wanted to get your opinions on it.

Please let me know if you have any thoughts on this, whether your batteries also show these labels on the side, etc. Thank you so much!! :)

View attachment 58865View attachment 58866View attachment 58867

I would return it. Looking at pictures online I don't see one with the printing on the side. Not even on the link you posted.

Amazon says that it is sold from DJI. You could email DJI support and ask them about the serial number to see if they show it as legitimate.

DJI replied saying that it was genuine. So problem solved!.. I wanna delete this post but there is no option to do so....? Can anyone guide me how to delete this post? lol!

Why would you delete the post? It's valuable info for anyone having the same question in the future.

You're absolutely right! Didn't think of that. For those of you who are also wondering, the DJI said it was completely fine. Different safety label locations depending on where you buy it (your geographical location).

I live in Alberta too and just for next time, there are several of very good drone shops around where you can be guaranteed legit products. Sounds like you're OK with this one though.

I live in Alberta too and just for next time, there are several of very good drone shops around where you can be guaranteed legit products. Sounds like you're OK with this one though.
For sure. I'm aware of different shops and local vendors available here. I just wanted to give Amazon a try since I do order a number of items from there. DJI confirmed it is legit so I'm okay with that :) Thanks all for your input. I hope everyone else who has this question in mind find this info helpful.

When in doubt, just ask DJI!