DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Boot up

PBF

Reactions
Hi, I am relatively new to this world of Drones and loving it. After a year of practice I have just taken the jump to qualify for PfCO in November. My point is regarding the boot up of the Mavic Air. When all I want to do is download some footage or double check my settings. Basically not needing to go through the whole process of removing the gimbal cover, opening the blades, folding down the legs etc etc. Is there any chance that DJI can have a "1st stage" boot just so it can connect and get on with what is needed with no intention of flying at that point in time? If this is already possible I must have missed it, so any direction would be very welcome.

Thanks Thunderdrones, basically confirms what I thought. I do use the SD card and also cable from MA to PC and it works fine. Here's the scenario, in my quest to fully understand the equipment I read many forums etc. and find a new setting suggestion. I plan my next flight to use these but have to Fully Boot everything to update my drone. It saves a lot of time to do it at home rather than do it on site.
Is there a site or forum that DJI will see and perhaps prompt them to develop a "mini" power up?

Is there a site or forum that DJI will see and perhaps prompt them to develop a "mini" power up?
You can make that suggestion in the official DJI forum here.

Take the card out and into a reader so you won't need to turn anything on, and as a bonus will read footage off the card 4x faster.

Settings need everything affected to be working really.

BTW when I had an Air and needed it on without flying I would only remove the gimbal cover but leave the rest folded.

Some models will give you a compass error powered up when folded. The magnets from the motors affect the compass.

Reactions: PBF
Some models will give you a compass error powered up when folded. The magnets from the motors affect the compass.

With my MA I usually need to re calibrate most new flights sessions anyway. Bit more concerned if when folded at boot up it’s causing long term issues restricting the movements.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes