DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air can't connect to RC - DJI Assitant 2 can't read out software - How to reset RC and MA?

stefan2211

Reactions
Hello Guys,
I suddenly can't link my MA to the RC anymore. I tried it with 3 different phones, which were previously all working with the MA and DJIGo4. All ways to connect fail. MA is detected by RC but always runs into time out (60sec). The only way that I can use the MA is via wifi connection to phone. I tried to use DJI Assistant 2 to factory reset RC and MA but the Assistant can not read out the current firmwares in the MA and RC. I also cannot reset the firmware for the RC. It also fails. Tried different PCs with DJI Assistant 2 and different USB cables but all failed. Any suggestion what the problem could be - the MA or the RC? Thanks guys

so to confirm ,

1) AC cannot connect to the RC

have you tried rebinding process

2) Refresh of AC and RC using DJI Assistant fails

Where does the refresh fail , when transferring data to the AC or earlier in the process?
I don't understand "cannot read out current firmware's", does this mean DJI Assistant 2 can not download the firmware update from the internet ?
Does DJI Assistant 2 even recognize the AC and RC ?

1.Both linking methods fail. Can't connect within the 60 sec.
2. Dji assistant will show yr current installed firmware and any available updates. This is not happening; it does not read the existing firmware so a reset is also not possible. The same happens when connecting RC to dji assistant ;it does not show the existing firmware and reset fails.. I don't have any chance to reinstall or downgrade the firmware.

Not sure about your inability to connect the MA to the RC, but as for DJI Assistant2 issue, make sure you have logged in to your DJI Account, using the menu in the top right. I had this same issue recently, and logging in fixed it.

Good luck.

Problem is solved. I had an alientech 5.8 installed, replaced it with my old 4Hawks raptor passive antenna and everything worked fine.Replaced 4hawks again with alientech an can connect to MA. So not sure what was wrong, lose or bad connection in the remote.

Problem is solved. I had an alientech 5.8 installed, replaced it with my old 4Hawks raptor passive antenna and everything worked fine.Replaced 4hawks again with alientech an can connect to MA. So not sure what was wrong, lose or bad connection in the remote.

Glad you fixed it, you should have mentioned you "modded" the RC

Probably a bad connection on the external antenna connection points, crimped antenna cable or a loose press-on antenna connector inside the RC

Glad you fixed it, you should have mentioned you "modded" the RC

Probably a bad connection on the external antenna connection points, crimped antenna cable or a loose press-on antenna connector inside the RC
Antenna cable were fine. Maybe a software glitch. Not sure whether the setting of 5.8 G could hv been a reason.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada