DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air connection problems

I would always recommend checking compatibility of the device (phone-tablet) to the DJI software before buying, cause DJI drones are not cheap. Asus is not listed by DJI as a compatible device: DJI Mavic Air – Specs, Tutorials & Guides – DJI.
I had similar problems with both Spark and Mavic Air using a Samsung phone. I switched to Huwawei Mate, I had one I wasn’t using, and use iPad Mini 4 now.
You could try a good quality data cable to tether the RC to the phone as all USB cables may not be able to transfer data efficiently. But what you described seems to be DJI-Asus software incompatibility rather than anything else.
Having said that, I am sure you will find a fix for the problem you have with a little help on forums like this or YouTube tutorials which I have found very helpful resource.
The ASUS has always worked fine when it connects. Its been an off and on problem. I just tried a different cable and its working again. I'm working on getting an Ipad mini 4 but its a slow process as I going thru an ebay dealer that sold me a mini and said it was a mini4 so he's working on getting me a mini 4.

if all else fails I can connect to my moto g6 phone, it always works but ya know the screen size LOL gonna go out on the deck and fly now.

Bigbird , how warm is it outside today . I read that your flying off your deck .
Spring is finally downloading where I live so the outside temps are just above the freezing point . It’s been a long winter

Bigbird , how warm is it outside today . I read that your flying off your deck .
Spring is finally downloading where I live so the outside temps are just above the freezing point . It’s been a long winter

Attachments

• PHX Temp.jpg
    PHX Temp.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 16

That's how it's been here, this last week the weather has finally been nice. The last couple days have been too windy though, but I keep trying to get outside.

I have winds ranging from 10 to 25 mph and sometimes higher the Air handles it fairly well . I just fly into the wind and come home with the wind.

I have the same issue! It's been doing this since day 1 with multiple cables. I always eventually get the three to sync (RC, Mavic Air, DJI Go4 on Samsung ) but never consistantly. Ive switched the startup orders in every way imaginable. The only thing that is consistant is when I use the Litchi software. It reliably syncs up almost every time with no fuss. I agree. It is aggravating as all getout.

I have the same issue! It's been doing this since day 1 with multiple cables. I always eventually get the three to sync (RC, Mavic Air, DJI Go4 on Samsung ) but never consistantly. Ive switched the startup orders in every way imaginable. The only thing that is consistant is when I use the Litchi software. It reliably syncs up almost every time with no fuss. I agree. It is aggravating as all getout.
yea and after 2 days with the cable that worked today it didn't and I had to use my phone Grrrrrrrrr

New Mavic Owner. I thought I was having. The same issue. Sometimes my drone would connect to the remote just fine, other times, no matter what I tried it wasn’t successful.

Yesterday, I discovered the problem. When trying to seat the phone in the c
This thing frustrates the **** out of me sometimes.
I turn on the RC then the drone sometimes the screen opens and goes to GOFLY no problem other times it goes to the ENTER DEVICE sceeen so I do what it says and then nothing it just won't connect. But the green light is flashing and it will fly I just have no screen to see, so I can't fly anyway . Sometime I shut it all down start over and it works sometimes I can't get it to connect no matter what I do. what the heck is going on. I've had this problem on and off ever since I've been flying over a year. I can't figure out why sometimes it just fires up and go fly and other times I can't get it to connect at all any Ideas

Funny, I read your post on Tuesday thinking I have the same problem. I’m a fairly new MA owner. Turns out, I though the phone was wire connected but it wasn’t. The lightning port was just being pushed back farther into the handle. It was in the right place, just not fully inserted into the phone.

Lesson learned, I will manually be attaching the cable to the phone before inserting it into the controller handle.

I wish you the best getting this straightened out.

I want screen size to fit the RC arms I think an Air is to big
A Mini 2 is just for you then. If you don't put it in a case, it will actually fit right into the remote itself without needing a tablet holder, though I find it more comfortable with the tablet holder.

This thing frustrates the **** out of me sometimes.
I turn on the RC then the drone sometimes the screen opens and goes to GOFLY no problem other times it goes to the ENTER DEVICE sceeen so I do what it says and then nothing it just won't connect. But the green light is flashing and it will fly I just have no screen to see, so I can't fly anyway . Sometime I shut it all down start over and it works sometimes I can't get it to connect no matter what I do. what the heck is going on. I've had this problem on and off ever since I've been flying over a year. I can't figure out why sometimes it just fires up and go fly and other times I can't get it to connect at all any Ideas
I have been experiencing same and worse. It will give me a compass error , then w/o calibration tell me to GOFLY. It will take off and get 20-30 meters away and disconnect. I have tried compass calibration failed 1 or 2 times and w/o successful calibration it will say GOFLY. Last evening, I was trying to fly, all kind of errors showed up including updating firmware that was just properly completed and nothing I tried could get the RC to connect with MA screen in camera view said DISCONNECTED, but it allowed me to “joystick” launch the bird?? It took off ascended 1 m and I landed it right away. To say I’m f’ing frustrated is a huge understatement, as we just started a road trip that I wanted to document with my MA.

I have been experiencing similar issues with the remote controller not connecting with the phone consistently. Sometimes, it connects at the first try. But other times, it takes a little more fiddling - pull out the cable from the phone side and plug it back in and problem is solved. A little frustrating but I thought the issue was with my phone's usb c port but when I connect the phone with the remote using the bigger USB port on the center bottom of the remote, it works fine every time.

I have been experiencing similar issues with the remote controller not connecting with the phone consistently. Sometimes, it connects at the first try. But other times, it takes a little more fiddling - pull out the cable from the phone side and plug it back in and problem is solved. A little frustrating but I thought the issue was with my phone's usb c port but when I connect the phone with the remote using the bigger USB port on the center bottom of the remote, it works fine every time.
Get a new anker cable and use the USB on the remote should solve your problems USB to cpin

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803