DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air connection problems

Bigbird48

Reactions
This thing frustrates the **** out of me sometimes.
I turn on the RC then the drone sometimes the screen opens and goes to GOFLY no problem other times it goes to the ENTER DEVICE sceeen so I do what it says and then nothing it just won't connect. But the green light is flashing and it will fly I just have no screen to see, so I can't fly anyway . Sometime I shut it all down start over and it works sometimes I can't get it to connect no matter what I do. what the heck is going on. I've had this problem on and off ever since I've been flying over a year. I can't figure out why sometimes it just fires up and go fly and other times I can't get it to connect at all any Ideas

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have the option of trying a different controller?

more info. What device are you using? iPad , phone, iOS, Android?

Have you tried different cables? Any way to use a different device?

My limited knowledge on Android will not be a benefit here.
If someone that is familiar with this device can jump in and provide some insight, please do.

I have heard of a few controller problems that just wouldn’t connect, but I think it’s rare. If you can’t seem to gain any ground, I do have an extra controller that you could try. We aren’t too far apart.

I ran into this issue and it turned out the port on the phone I was using at the time was very sensitive to the cable being in just right. Basically the port on the phone was not so good.

Definitely try a different cable. A regular USB cable that plugs into the bottom of the controller instead of the micro USB port on the side.

Definitely try a different cable. A regular USB cable that plugs into the bottom of the controller instead of the micro USB port on the side.
I'm using one that is USB connected, could be the connection to the tablet will try anothe cable rain today so tomorrow un less it stops later.

Try plugging tablet in, either launch Go4 (or have the defaults set so it auto launches) before turning control on. Turn on drone, controller, and after a couple seconds it should click through to go fly.

Other thing to check. Use a standard usb-c cable in the back USB port of the Controller, see if that works more reliably, if it does might mean a duff micro-type-c cable in the side of controller

i use the usb port I'll try starting go4 first then rc then drone , but it seems no matter how I do it its never works the same way twice.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada