DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Controller

That's a tough one for the portability factor. I hate how big the P4P and Inspire controllers are, and they get less range and signal quality compared to the tiny Mavic RC.
They (DJI) probably could go up to 6.5" on a dedicated/builtin screen on a Mavic style RC

I didn't realize they had a different revision of the controllers with different displays. Yours looks cleaner without the power and rpm graphs at the sides.

I still like the option of the display but understand why they'd ommit it to get the price down for the target audience. It is a safety net if you have any issues with the app or your device as you can instantly use it to verify everything is still connected. Then there's also being able to navigate home using the distance display if needed. Sure those events are few and far between if you have a stable device but it only takes once. The main reason I like it though is there are so many on screen displays on the app that it always super cluttered. Many times I like to go to full screen mode to get rid of the clutter but still have access to vitals at a quick glance down at the controller display

I like the RPM display on the RC as well as backup data when flying without a device attached. When I fly a spark it feels like a serious downgrade.

y6Gs7bF.jpg

As a P4P+ owner the lack of a display on the controller won't make much difference to me. I realized today that the only time that I look at the Mavic's display is starting and shutting down the aircraft.
I wonder if DJI is going to replace the Phantom with the Mavic 2.

I never use the mavic remote controller display so I will not miss it on the air. Flying both the Inspire 1 and 2 made me accustomed to going without. A remote without a display is not a deal breaker for me.

Reactions: philh24
I didn't realize they had a different revision of the controllers with different displays. Yours looks cleaner without the power and rpm graphs at the sides.

I still like the option of the display but understand why they'd ommit it to get the price down for the target audience. It is a safety net if you have any issues with the app or your device as you can instantly use it to verify everything is still connected. Then there's also being able to navigate home using the distance display if needed. Sure those events are few and far between if you have a stable device but it only takes once. The main reason I like it though is there are so many on screen displays on the app that it always super cluttered. Many times I like to go to full screen mode to get rid of the clutter but still have access to vitals at a quick glance down at the controller display
No different version, the ac is just disconnected because I flew beyond the Mavic distance limit of 17.9km. The ac will rth and reconnect when it passes inside the limit.
Will be interesting to see if the Air is similarly crippled.

Hey guys so new to drones.... I have Apple 6s standard size... (not the +)... will I need to upgrade phone and/or size of phone? Thanks for you help!

I'm new to drones and keep reading that "if the app crashes" you'll want the display.

RJ
That's just mumbo jumbo. Lol. 99% of the time when my app crashes I go inside and crack open a beer and wait for my bird to come home. Honestly, the screen is just a redundant system that displays what's on your phone. Since the Phantom 2 days the RTH has gotten more and more reliable with each drone. Guys who want to control the bird home using just telemetry data from their controller are just doing it for kicks. RTH is what you should use.

Reactions: KevinPritchett
Although I must add, the screen is very sexy. Much better looking than spark or air controller. Saying that I sold my MP for and MA and am perfectly happy.

Hey guys so new to drones.... I have Apple 6s standard size... (not the +)... will I need to upgrade phone and/or size of phone? Thanks for you help!
Nope. I have the 6, if you're happy with size it's powerful enough.

Although I must add, the screen is very sexy. Much better looking than spark or air controller. Saying that I sold my MP for and MA and am perfectly happy.

Same here never regretted the decision either [emoji846]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arbee