DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Controller

rjmlakota

Reactions
First post here and and REALLY considering getting the air. I'm disappointed that the controller doesn't have a display. My question is, is there a chance DJI will come out with another controller for the air that has a display?

Thanks,

RJ

I have a Mavic Pro and never look at the controller display. Everything is already on the phone display (in a nicer format). Many people use larger tablets with holders that block the controller display. To me, it's not needed if you're using a phone or tablet. If you were flying without a phone and just using the controller, it would be helpful, but that's more for racers than photo-videographers.

I never look at the screen, in fact my iPad covers it up LOL. I haven't had an issue, I've had DJI GO 4 crash on me only a couple of times, not an issue as I fly line of sight all time.

Reactions: philh24
Welcome to Mavic Pilots by the way! Fly safe and have fun!

Thanks for the replies! I'm trying to do as much research as I can. From hardware and laws.

Thanks again for the help.

RJ

I like the RPM display on the RC as well as backup data when flying without a device attached. When I fly a spark it feels like a serious downgrade.

y6Gs7bF.jpg

Display is definitely nice, not just in case the app crashes, but more control when flying w/o a device. I often bring the MP on bike rides, so frequent stops for filming. Not having to attach the device, open the app and so on saves considerable time. Having the screen with telemetry, etc definitely is a big plus in those situations. Ideally, it would have a small FPV screen like the upcoming Autel EVO.

Reactions: Marco Cantieni
I don’t I ever look at the display,but I had a phantom before the mavic and they don’t have displays that could be why. It wouldn’t surprise me if the new mavic 2 whenever or if ever it appears doesn’t have a display. The spark and the new mavic air don’t have the display perhaps it was to keep costs down. I think there is a price difference of about $180 between the mavic pro and air remotes.

The display is great to have. I've lost app connection before and the display helps! If nothing else I wish they put a height and distance reader on the RC.

The display is great to have. I've lost app connection before and the display helps! If nothing else I wish they put a height and distance reader on the RC.
Bingo. I have had this happen, and not losing important telemetry is good. Perhaps its a specific scenario, but picture this; you took off, and mid flight found your preset RTH altitude would be too low if engaged, either because you flew on the other side of an obstacle, or just misjudged. With the display, you can safely get yourself to a better height, and manually guide it back.

If DJI could make a perfect app that didnt crash, and ensure the connected devices never died or had issues, i could see not needing the telem display. But until that time, i am VERY happy to have that info

My biggest concern about the MA remote is the apparent lack of right side control wheel. I assume this means you must use the app to change exposure (I don't ever use AE)....which means removing a hand from flight controls.

I am hoping there's a way to use other hardware (i.e. C-buttons) to get around that somehow...doing it via touchscreen will slow down shot setup a bit.

Reactions: R1Mavic
For some reason I foresee DJI releasing some sort of "high end" RC in the future which will also include a built-in Android screen. Yeah, I know the P4P has one, but I'm speaking about something a bit more compact. Oh and the cost will be $499 LOL

Personally I just can’t wait to get it and hopefully get all these negative comments to bed, hopefully they will move on to something else [emoji23]

Reactions: zezrum and R1Mavic
For some reason I foresee DJI releasing some sort of "high end" RC in the future which will also include a built-in Android screen. Yeah, I know the P4P has one, but I'm speaking about something a bit more compact. Oh and the cost will be $499 LOL
I love the half press focus on the p4p, hope that feature makes it on to the MP2 as well as removeable sticks from the Air.

As for a dedicated display, there's already the Crystalsky option for the Mavic.

I love the half press focus on the p4p, hope that feature makes it on to the MP2 as well as removeable sticks from the Air.

As for a dedicated display, there's already the Crystalsky option for the Mavic.
Yes I have the CS, I was think about an "all in one" RC with everything integrated

Yes I have the CS, I was think about an "all in one" RC with everything integrated
That's a tough one for the portability factor. I hate how big the P4P and Inspire controllers are, and they get less range and signal quality compared to the tiny Mavic RC.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sverkerh