DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mini 4 pro users

But Goggles 3 and Mini 4 Pro only work in combination with the Motion Stick 3. And especially camera options are very limited, e.g. ActiveTrack or Panorama is missing.
I have both, Goggles 3 and Motion Stick 3 for my Avata 2, but for flying the Mini 4 I still prefer using my Rokid Max goggles connected to the RC2. This way I still have the full functionality of the Fly app, not only a stripped-down version on the goggles.
In case you have the standard remote only, Goggles 3 is actually the only option.

Reactions: jamoke
thx ---- what are the drawbacks to the rokid goggles?
In combination with M4P and RC2, I would say none. They are even smaller and more liteweighted compared to the Goggles 3. I enjoy both, flying the M4P with Rokid and Avata 2 with Goggles 3. You can even look down onto the RC2 screen without removing the Rokid for using the touch screen, e.g. for marking something for ActiveTrack. Just get an additional 90° USB-C Adapter to lead the cable sideways from the RC2 for protecting the USB port from mechanical stress.

i see.....and are there stripped down capabilities when using the rokid goggles? (i have heard that the goggles 3 have a bunch of disabled functions)

Most of the automation features (ActiveTrack, Quickshots, Master Shots, Hyperlapse, Pano, and some others) are not available. In my opinion, no loss, as there's really little value in wearing goggles for these operations (kind of like riding in your car through the car wash).

While it might be "fun" to ride along as an FPV passenger, it would get old pretty quick, methinks.

Also, some of those features really require you to be watching the aircraft anyway, ActiveTrack Spotlight, for example.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colinhayesroberts