DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Crash video turns out GREAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flew my MA this morning and I lost it. Within 10 minutes of losing it I received a phone from the person that found it. Watch the video and you see it crash and then take off again and then crash again! Believe it or not it survived all that and still flies great! WOW!

I'm glad you got the drone back (I guess), but I just gotta say that is some xxxx for flying...at first you are basically SPYING on the RV's across the river, and probably disturbing their peace as well...then you fly into a tree...but even then didn't learn your lesson! You flew into ANOTHER tree.

Good grief man put into place some reasonable flying practices...NOW....that flight was a MESS. Those are the kinds of flights that make communities enact NO DRONE ZONE laws and/or injure people or property.

Yeesh.

Reactions: N8JYF and bentbrent
Maybe this guy was trying to make a movie. Anybody notice the resemblance to the Twilight Zone episode where the old lady finds the Astronauts on her roof?

I agree completely with Smallz699 comments. I could care less about a crash analysis. This guy's actions is what gives the rest of us a bad name. It's probably a public campground but the campers deserve some level of privacy from both videos and drone noise.

I know it's not a law in most states, but good droners respect others privacy and try to fly at least 150 feet above private property, or in this case their camp sites.

This thread reminds me of the numerous other threads that complain about NFZ limitations. The more we condone the actions of a few who modify their software to bypass NFZ controls or seek out drones without NFZ limitations, the sooner we'll lose our rights to fly our recreational drones.

I can’t believe what I just watched! Perhaps your video should be used as a teaching video on ‘How to break almost every rule on flying your drone’. It will give you so much more pleasure and peace of mind if you learn how to control your drone in a place where you can’t do any harm. I took my Telepilot licence in France this year and it has given me the confidence to handle my drone correctly and I am no youngster either! Best thing I did. Anyway, glad you got it back.....just stay away from people.....and trees.

Screenshot_20190906-084954_Chrome.jpgmy original comment that got taken down.. While it may have been a lil on the harsher side, I was that pissed when i saw the post..I am not holding my breath but i do believe this guy def had to of put some thought into his actions after all this. Anyway, I took the screenshot of it before it was removed because i made myself laugh when i re-read it. I hope my honest opinion makes...a person think before doing next time.

If you profile is correct and you are indeed 82, what were you thinking? If the aircraft was still active when the poor camper picked it up, it could have caused serious injury.

Reactions: Joe Boudreault
I'm not the greatest Pilot, yet but I know better. had my Phantom flyaway the first time I used it . Right out into a Corn Field. I was lucky and after an hour of roaming through the field with Corn so high it hide my 6ft frame I found her. Now with my Air and Spark I take care. Still learning while studying for my 107. I don't want to lose my almost 2K in flying machines with another coming soon. Practice, practice, practice. A lesson for us all. Still can happen to anyone regardless of how good you may be.

Flew my MA this morning and I lost it. Within 10 minutes of losing it I received a phone from the person that found it. Watch the video and you see it crash and then take off again and then crash again! Believe it or not it survived all that and still flies great! WOW!
Yep, you finally hit one of those big trees. I snipped the tips off a cedar tree last week in British Columbia, but my Mavic Air was fine after I brought it back. Obstacle avoidance sensors do not always work perfect in wooded area and/or mo mountains - not enough satellite fixes, I guess. Interesting how a woman picked up your live drone and seemed to examine it.

My favorite parts:
- your X-ray vision to maintain VLOS through buildings and trees
- not staying down after the first beat down
- your bird panting on the ground after the second beat down
- the grandma in the blue dress finding your bird and taking it back to her camper to nurse it back to health.
I have to ask - how did you get it back?

Reactions: Mavic Air Head
Apparently if you give an honest assessment of a person stupid decisions they take them off so nobody can see them and that person can remain dumb
Your comments in the deleted post were really harsh, even though they were on point, the mods really try to keep the discourse civil. So calling a retard a retard is not permitted.

Reactions: ed956
The OP has been a member for almost 1 1/2 years. Must be ignoring all the posts from responsible members.

Reactions: DJI DelBoy
I don't know where the issue is but the video was awful. Pixelated and very jumpy. Not at all smooth and only 720P
Sometimes YT screws up but I tried watching it on 3 different devices, 2 PC's and 1 tablet with the same poor results.
Glad you got your bird back though. That was very lucky.

View attachment 81252my original comment that got taken down.. While it may have been a lil on the harsher side, I was that pissed when i saw the post..I am not holding my breath but i do believe this guy def had to of put some thought into his actions after all this. Anyway, I took the screenshot of it before it was removed because i made myself laugh when i re-read it. I hope my honest opinion makes...a person think before doing next time.

Obviously the mods thought your post was inappropriate so they took it down. They run the place, their call. What do you do knowing that they deleted it ad didn't want it up? You repost it. Seems you have a hard time with basic rules as well as the OP.

Horrible flying mate. You really do need to get some practice or stay away from drones. Were you by any chance flying with a blindfold on??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett