DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Crash video turns out GREAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke147

Reactions
Flew my MA this morning and I lost it. Within 10 minutes of losing it I received a phone from the person that found it. Watch the video and you see it crash and then take off again and then crash again! Believe it or not it survived all that and still flies great! WOW!

Reactions: freightshaker
Lucky...

Have a flight plan. Look where you are flying! Very fortunate for everyone on the ground since this was a very populated area.
Altitude is your friend.

Reactions: Mavic Air Head
Four suggestions
1. Put your phone number with one of those labelers and stick it to the drone so if this ever happens again someone will be able to contact you.
2. Watch some videos on YouTube videos on adjusting your Gimbal and other controls for a smoother video.
3. Practice in a more open area.
4. Have Fun

was that you across the stream flying the drone? if so you really need to get some practice in an open area to get used to controls and orientation. Mixing up the orientation when the drone is facing you is a mistake many new flyers have to contend with

Why such pixelated video? Is that from the phone or drone?

And as others said. Find a wide open field and practice. You are very lucky to have not lost your $1k investment in a tree or the water...

Crashing around a campsite...super jerky yaw movements and not even close to clearing trees on multiple occasions.

Bad pilot who should not be flying anywhere near people.

Getting a small cheap drone and getting used to flying is a good way to practice

Last edited:
Lot of criticisms here, so I'm a little reluctant to pile on. After the first crash I would have hit RTH to inspect for damage, no guarantee the bird makes it home if something is wrong, but better than continuing as if nothing may have happened, especially with the possibility of losing control and hitting someone.
Also a little disturbing, because it soils the reputation of drones in general, is that your flight seems to be a "spy mission" on the campers across the river. Stopping at each site like you did could be upsetting to people having a reasonable expectation of privacy.
Trees are not our friends.

Apparently if you give an honest assessment of a person stupid decisions they take them off so nobody can see them and that person can remain dumb

Reactions: OldGoatMTB
I usually don't comment just read, but when i came across this original story today i was left scratching my head, and wondering just how the hell Common sense was so far out of this person's thought train, and is apparently not a factor. so I guess we will encourage the latter, go ahead and spy on people, fly into their camper maybe you'll learn the hard way when you hurt somebody, or damage there property. Keep up the good work!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philip Chura