DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air crashes into sea (salt water), ‘Motor obstructed’ error. Pls advise.. TIA (CLOSED)

Oh dear. Exactly what happened to a friend of mine, except he hit the ground on the edge of a quarry.... ended up 130 feet wrecked at the bottom. I think your claim has just come to an end. If you buy another AC, please don’t try flying in reverse until you have got far more familiar with piloting in general and you know how the drone will react and even then, plan it thoroughly.

u mean the reverse part when i took off?
was taking a video facing myself, thats y i reverse fly, by the way i lift it to a height before i did that, furthermore was a very short distance i reverse fly, less than 20 metres i guess

Whoops - yep I misread. This’ll be an even worse scenario! Pure pilot error...
care to explain? mind to share your expert view on this?
seems like u have a lot opinion even when u misread. lol

ok guys, im really not sure whether this is the logs for my crash. however its the last one recorded.

not sure abt the vps, but its definately not that low, i wouldnt have the guts to do that..lol
perhaps i take to load the photo i took before it went into a spin. a better gauge i guess.
<correction>
The flight data you provided is not from your crash.
It's from a successful flight where you returned to land an landed by pulling the left stick back.

You need to find the flight data from the crash flight.
It should be the last one you have.

Reactions: Air_Joe
<correction>
The flight data you provided is not from your crash.
It's from a successful flight where you returned to land an landed by pulling the left stick back.

You need to find the flight data from the crash flight.
It should be the last one you have.

thats y i wonder.
Not to mention Numone commented this was exactly what happen to his fren, i thought this was the crashed log.

but meta4 , this is the last file i had it in my records. hmm

That looks like the wrong flight - that ended on dry land.

strange, this is the last file in my records. any possibility that it wasnt recorded?

i just checked all files, very sure this is the last files recorded.

strange, this is the last file in my records. any possibility that it wasnt recorded?
The video you posted in post #34 comes from the crash flight data.
It's in your device somewhere.

Whoops - yep I misread. This’ll be an even worse scenario! Pure pilot error...

mind to share your expert view on this safe flight home data?
how is it a worse scenario than the crash one, also pilot as in me should avoid what kind of pure error?

The video you posted in post #34 comes from the crash flight data.
It's in your device somewhere.

i loaded the whole folder onto google drive for dji to extract.
very sure this is the last file in the folder.
damm frustrating to all these hipcups to shed some light on my crash

i loaded the whole folder onto google drive for dji to extract.
very sure this is the last file in the folder.
damm frustrating to all these hipcups to shed some light on my crash
Go to your flight records in the app.
Do you still have the file to display what you posted in #34?

Or point us to the Google Drive location

mind to share your expert view on this safe flight home data?
how is it a worse scenario than the crash one, also pilot as in me should avoid what kind of pure error?
Numone's comments aren't relevant to your crash.
They were based on a confused interpretation of the data you posted for the wrong flight.

Go to your flight records in the app.
Do you still have the file to display what you posted in #34?

Or point us to the Google Drive location

Yes i guess i do, because dji advise me not to delete go4 nor anything.
i left everything as it is.

i loaded this flight records and video cache , both are full folders from my flight in day 1.

sorry to ask, where can retrieve datas like the one i post in #34 , from the go4 app? under which folder or so, because i just did a screen recording in post #34 direct from my phone.

The flight log that you posted ended at 4:44 pm. The flight in question appears to have started within one minute of that time - did you swap batteries and relaunch immediately?

The flight log that you posted ended at 4:44 pm. The flight in question appears to have started within one minute of that time - did you swap batteries and relaunch immediately?

I didnt relaunch as ac was totally wet, i tried to shake off the water , and dry it.

However when im back at home, i did tried to use a 2nd batt to try start the ac, as the batt with the ac when it went down looks dead.

You're misunderstanding what sar104 is asking.
You relaunched after the flight we saw data for.

oh i see, sorry for my confusion.

ok story goes like this,

i launched, flew and back after 15 min or so when 1st batt was abt 35% . (no issue at all, guess that the logs i posted in post #115.)

2nd launch with a fresh batt, 12min or so into the flight, crashed happened ( cant seems to be able to locate the data file, the one i post in post #34)

the data posted in post #115 is CONFRIMED the last file i have in my 'flight records ' folder which i extracted from my phone as per dji instruction.

oh i see, sorry for my confusion.

ok story goes like this,

i launched, flew and back after 15 min or so when 1st batt was abt 35% . (no issue at all, guess that the logs i posted in post #115.)

2nd launch with a fresh batt, 12min or so into the flight, crashed happened ( cant seems to be able to locate the data file, the one i post in post #34)

the data posted in post #115 is CONFRIMED the last file i have in my 'flight records ' folder which i extracted from my phone as per dji instruction.

OK - take a look in the FlightRecords/MCDatFlightRecords directory and post the last .DAT file that you find there.

OK - take a look in the FlightRecords/MCDatFlightRecords directory and post the last .DAT file that you find there.
thks bro for your reply.
found it , howver dat file is all some alien wordings, how do i translate somethg like that?any site i can do the conversion?

thks bro for your reply.
found it , howver dat file is all some alien wordings, how do i translate somethg like that?any site i can do the conversion?

No - you will need to run DatCon, or just post it here as is.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phoenix_00002