DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air crashes into sea (salt water), ‘Motor obstructed’ error. Pls advise.. TIA (CLOSED)

Hi guys, im new here. And i know there has been many thread about drone crashing into water.
But i would like to find out , what should i do as i had just crashed my MA into the sea. I was able to retrieve it, however its covered with lots of salt. Beside putting it in the rice bucket, any other good suggestion?
Your input will be deeply appreciated!

Also, i contacted dji on that. What are the chances they will do a replacement. I only got my drone for 1 month.
Incident happened like this,
I was do flying roughly 50metres from me by the coastline using tapfly. However after the cancel the mode, it was hovering there. As i was changing video to photo mode after 5-10 seconds of hovering, screen suddenly turn blank.

Immediately i run over and retrieve it.after study then flight record, it shows a ‘motor obstruction’ warning before it crashed, that is after im flying on my 2nd batt, for 12 mins or so.

Drone is in rice bucket now.
Any chances dji to do a replacement?
Understand that salt water will cause heavy corrosion. Totally devastated now.

I had a “Moter obstructed” warning today, and just after my MA fell 200’ to the road. This is BS, but I just mailed it off to DJI for analysis. I thinking they will use my warenty for replacement and not admit they have a software problem.

Reactions: Air_Joe
I had a “Moter obstructed” warning today, and just after my MA fell 200’ to the road. This is BS, but I just mailed it off to DJI for analysis. I thinking they will use my warenty for replacement and not admit they have a software problem.

Oh dear, i can feel exactly your frustration and the questions behind bro.

Mind to share what actually happens?
Or maybe even some flight logs for the guys here to shed some lights on their opinion.

Dear fellow and friends, great news!

Finally dji have completed their findings and deem its under warranty case, they will do a replacement drone for me!

I take this opportunity to thank all brothers here for your effort in helping me out the with your analysis , and brothers who offered my words of encouragement!
I thank every single of u, (u know who u are, too many to mention [emoji28])

Just couldnt thk u guys enough! Appreciate so much! God bless u all..
*but actual cause of plunge will remain a mystery unsolved i guess.
63cec5a969c19fbe430d15d07ee4efbb.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Air_Joe, I was doing a "point of interest" of a building. I noticed the "motor Obstructed" but it went away like I have noticed before. then it just shut down and fell. I tried to pull both sticks back and in to restart but no luck.
the files are 10 (video) and 12 (screen recording) meg. not sure how to upload. Also not sure how to upload the logs.

Hi Air_Joe, I was doing a "point of interest" of a building. I noticed the "motor Obstructed" but it went away like I have noticed before. then it just shut down and fell. I tried to pull both sticks back and in to restart but no luck.
the files are 10 (video) and 12 (screen recording) meg. not sure how to upload. Also not sure how to upload the logs.

Dont worry abt it bro, i sucks at computer too.
slowly , step by step.
first upload your data as Meta4 stated below, refer to post #30.
the guys will help u along the way.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead