DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Cripple Geotag update !

This is an example from one of my pictures, is this not precise enough?

53°33'43.002" N 0°41'19.001" W

How accurate does it need to be? DMS seems a pretty standard measurement. Seconds are to 3 decimal places.

Today I had a response suggesting I use a different EXIF viewer, which I tried... Sadly the missing GPS data did not reappear...

Here's the data from some images...

Mavic_AIr_GPS.jpg

Last edited:
Today I had a response suggesting I use a different EXIF viewer, which I tried... Sadly the missing GPS data did not reappear...

Here's the data from some images...

Mavic_AIr_GPS.jpg
Could you give more explanation ? I use agisoft for ortho and when I try to assemble multi picture, everything everything is offset. So I need to put ground pts. I don't really understand....[emoji30]

Had a response today which follows;

"The default design of mavic air is that it is not recorded the fractional seconds on the GPS coordinates in the photo information.

The future firmware version will be optimized this concern. Please keep eyes on it. [sic]"

So if I understand correctly... Some future release 'may' fix this issue, in the mean time, if you need precise GPS for stuff like ortho's, DO NOT use a Mavic Air.

Had a response today which follows;

"The default design of mavic air is that it is not recorded the fractional seconds on the GPS coordinates in the photo information.

The future firmware version will be optimized this concern. Please keep eyes on it. [sic]"

So if I understand correctly... Some future release 'may' fix this issue, in the mean time, if you need precise GPS for stuff like ortho's, DO NOT use a Mavic Air.
It's a good news! I think the mavic air will be the next "Mavic Pro" until the next Pro 2. Build like a tank, Very compact, better camera and all the safety around the fly help is very superior. Just what I think. The pressure about this problem from the customers will be hard to ignore. It's only to copy the integrity of the gps coordinates. Because the mavic air is very precise... able to land almost at the same place from the launch.

It's a good news! I think the mavic air will be the next "Mavic Pro" until the next Pro 2. Build like a tank, Very compact, better camera and all the safety around the fly help is very superior. Just what I think. The pressure about this problem from the customers will be hard to ignore. It's only to copy the integrity of the gps coordinates. Because the mavic air is very precise... able to land almost at the same place from the launch.

Agree with you, however...

I do feel let down by DJI - if I had known before buying that that the Mavic Air is no good for mapping photography where the GPS stuff that's missing from the Air matters, I would have bought a mavic Pro at that point... Now I can't use the Air for (My) intended purpose... Or as a backup. I hope this is fixed soon.

It uses its vision system to land precisely, not GPS

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803