DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air delivered with both shrink wrap and seal opened

Marz1

Reactions
I just got my mavic air fly more combo ordered directly on DJI store. It came straight from China but as I stated in the title, both the shrink wrap and DJI seal are broken. I’ve ordered custom MacBooks which also came from China and there were all sealed. Anybody ordered from DJI has a similar experience? Do they open these packages in customs? Thanks in advance.

I just got my mavic air fly more combo ordered directly on DJI store. It came straight from China but as I stated in the title, both the shrink wrap and DJI seal are broken. I’ve ordered custom MacBooks which also came from China and there were all sealed. Anybody ordered from DJI has a similar experience? Do they open these packages in customs? Thanks in advance.
it was probably customs to check on the no of batteries in the box or even their charge state as there are strict rules on these things

it was probably customs to check on the no of batteries in the box or even their charge state as there are strict rules on these things
Or you were just “lucky” enough to be the one who had theirs opened in a random search. I would contact DJI and/or the seller to verify and start a “paper trail” in case there is a problem with the drone.

Or you were just “lucky” enough to be the one who had theirs opened in a random search. I would contact DJI and/or the seller to verify and start a “paper trail” in case there is a problem with the drone.

I agree. Funny thing is I ordered directly from DJI instead of ordering from a third party to avoid the possibility of getting an open box unit.

Reactions: old man mavic
you could open a claim with DJI and return it because you feel it could have been tampered with by a third party during transit, i have got to be fair all the drones i have purchased have been sealed even the MM that came direct from DJI

I just bought the DJI Goggles, and when I picked them up at the store (Best Buy, it was an online order) I noticed that the package was not shrink wrapped. I was a little concerned so I opened the package (it did look like an anti-tamper seal on the bottom) in my truck before I left the store. Everything seemed good, but I was surprised about the outside wrapping.

Reactions: Marz1
I just bought the DJI Goggles, and when I picked them up at the store (Best Buy, it was an online order) I noticed that the package was not shrink wrapped. I was a little concerned so I opened the package (it did look like an anti-tamper seal on the bottom) in my truck before I left the store. Everything seemed good, but I was surprised about the outside wrapping.

you could open a claim with DJI and return it because you feel it could have been tampered with by a third party during transit, i have got to be fair all the drones i have purchased have been sealed even the MM that came direct from DJI

That’s probably what I’m gonna do ultimately. Everything looks fine and all the stickers are in place on the drone. The only thing missing is the additional pair of RC sticks. I’ve emailed DJI support to get this documented and hasn’t get a response yet.

I don’t think it’s a returned unit since the build date is Dec 5, 2019 and it hasn’t been activated yet.

The only thing missing is the additional pair of RC sticks.

Strange if a direct ship from DJI.
If you are happy just getting the spare RC sticks from them, they shouldn't be too put out doing that for you no questions asked, I hope.
Suppose if all documented, and you sometime find out it was a returned item etc, they should replace for you if you are unhappy about that.

Would you keep or return this?

D222994F-58C6-459B-92F7-9AACA39F6EB1.jpgA84EE763-A534-46FE-AD61-720659F4D714.jpg35CE9142-C6B3-49B7-B174-0990C4B2F5CB.jpg7B429EE5-AD3B-4BAC-B7C1-38149F05AA30.jpeg51311C01-162E-4AA4-A636-AEDFCD093366.jpeg

Except for the broken seal, everything was in original packaging and seemed untouched.
The drone itself was manufactured on Dec 5 2019 and all three batteries were built on Nov 2019 and had zero cycles on them.

There is no mention of additional RC sticks in supplied accessories document. Maybe this was included in early production unites?

Two pairs of controller sticks is the standard; it was when I bought my MA at least. One pair are tucked under the folding arms of the remote, another is wrapped in a little plastic bag and thrown in the accessories box.

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580